Yaqin MC-100B Amplifiers

Yaqin MC-100B Amplifiers

DESCRIPTION

• Output power: 30W×2 (8O) Triode (TR) connection
  • Frequency response: 5Hz~80KHz (-2dB)
  • Signal noise ratio: =90dB (A)
  • Input sensitivity:packed mode: 0.25V Pro mode: 0.6V

USER REVIEWS

[Feb 08, 2020]
Johnny Buchar

Strength:

My first step in the tube world and still no reason to change Yaqin MC-100B. I cannot imagine how many $$$ is needed to get the another amplifier with significant improvement. Switching UL/TR mode + tube rolling possibilities in 3 raws = a lot of fun and music taste! This amplifier is really bargain, highly recommended!

I would like to know transformator quality, however the amplifier sounds admiringly. Only point to real potential upgrade.

Price Paid:
Used
Model Year:
2015
[Jan 25, 2020]
LarryR

Strength:

I've owned this amp for maybe 8 years now, and while I can only compare it to a couple of solid state Caver receivers I've own for a couple of decades, it sounds outstanding and in another stratosphere from anything I've owned. I have replaced the power tubes several times and found they matter a great deal. mid-price tubes were good, but the Genalex Gold Lion really upped the ante, and now the Psvane TII to me at least produce euphoric sound. Speakers of course are a pre-requisite. For the money, its an explosion for the buck.

Have I to have it serviced every couple of years, as some shorts or blows. The parts are pennies, but in my case, need to get out to someone to take it and fix. The expense is in labor (1-2 hours times say $100 per hour)) and in the time without the amp!

Price Paid:
Around $700 7-8 years ago
New
Model Year:
2011
[Mar 29, 2018]
Audiohim

Strength:

Bought one back in 2006, quite impressed with the sound at this price range, but sold to a friend few years later. Just bought another one from a Hong Kong ebay seller "primeamp" (quite a helpful seller, but be reminded that their ebay listing shipping time is not accurate for their economy mail, he said that the ebay provided shipping time doesn't suit with their shipping method time and they have to choose one the longest one provided by ebay to complete the listing and sent me some of the screen shots to proof, I paid extra for airmail at the end but worth it, as it arrived from Hong Kong to my home in New Zealand in 3 days!). When it's here I found that the tubes been upgraded to PSVANE KT88s and they are much better than the original Shuguang KT88 of the old one that I bought in 2006 also something is changed, now I just have to upgrade the smaller tubes. This time I am sure I will keep this for myself and not selling to friends, will do some mods later when I have free time, but the stock amp sure will keep me happy for a long while. Want to share with the audio friends out there, this amp is worth buying, some of my friends are going to buy it as well after listening to it.

New
[May 02, 2015]
bab
AudioPhile

yaqin mc100b (i think it is new vertion of it)
4x kt120 tungso, 0.60 bias
4x 6sn7gtb nos international service master (made in w.germany).
2x 12ax7 black plate rca.
are you ready ?
& a really nice AR-3a.
now i think about ts kt150.
whats your offer?

[Jan 30, 2015]
Louis
AudioPhile

I never doubted that the Yaqin 100B would prove its wonderful sound after the original tubes were replaced with Gold Lions and RCA NOS tubes. Today it has been a year since I purchased and installed it and it continues to please me with its workmanship, quality and beautiful sound. This from a guy who owns Mc equipment for many years.... Kodos to the Yaqin design and mfg. team in China. Sincerely, Louis A, NYC

[Jan 25, 2015]
John Garces
AudioPhile

Yaqin MC-100b (2013) with 4x Tung-Sol KT150, 4x electro-harmonix 6SN7EH gold pins and 2x JJ ecc803s gold pins.?
Use 4 digital multimeters to bias.? Remove 2 cage rod's for KT150.?
tone - atmosphere - transparency

[May 14, 2013]
Gonzalo
AudioPhile

I purchased this amp online on a recommendation from a musician friend, as he is also an audiophile.
I enjoyed this amp for 4 years recently sold to another friend, very quickly (after blowing up power tubes going cherry red ) realize the right voltage to run this amp is around 94Volts bringing it down from a Variac transformer (10 Amp) it sounded absolutelty amazing.
using NOS TungSol 6550 circa 1963 to 1965 ( 3 quads in stash) it sounded amazing!!!
for 6SN7 i preferred the Ken Rads or RCA Gray Glass but I also used a pair of TungSol black glass it's just they cost more than the amp itself . . .
for the input tubes I used for best results Sylvania 5751 black plates triple mica's best sounding of the bunch including the Telefunken ECC83 and the mighty RCA's and GE's
I used it as an amp feeding ofmr front connectors direct from impedance adjusted (corner frequency to 47K input on the Yaqin) very modifierd Audible Illusions preamp. this amp really sings with this combination.
i also found better (MUCH BETTER) sounding in triode strapped mode (TR)
many things to be said about this amp, maybe quality of materials was nto as great as some of the Europe's and US's best but for the price never anything come as close to a very good amp for a very small fraction of the cost.
Well recommended,
READ THE MANUAL!!!! adjust the bias on teh power tubes regularly (every 4 to 6 months if good tubes)
it's a keeper,
the only thing with more soul is a 45 or a 300B Japanese high end amp that cost probably 10 times this one (used) . . .

Enjoy the music;

[Feb 16, 2013]
John195

Hi,
I love the sound my Yaqin MC100B, I removed all china made tubes and put in 4 Tung-Sol Kt120 (set bias with 4 cheap multimeters to 0.55mV), 4 Electro-Harmonix 6SN7EH gold pins and 2 JJ Electronic ECC803 S gold pins tubes.

I also love the sound and have Yaqin SD-30A tube fidelity output CD player, I also removed china tubes and replace with 2 JJ Electronic ECC81 gold pin tubes.

I get all my tubes from Yen Audio in USA and use tube dampers on Amp.

[Sep 27, 2012]
Franko
Audio Enthusiast

Meine Meinung über Yaqin MC 100B,PRO :Preis/Leistungsverhältnis bis -450 Euro ist OK ..Trafos+Übertrager sind auch OK,ausreichend dymensioniert .
Kontra: Wer das Gerät vor dem Kauf nicht probehören kann sollte die finger davon lassen ,Weil:
Klanglich nicht wirklich überzeugend ,spielt nicht auf den Punkt .Hauptproblem ist der stark unterkühlte diffuse Mitteltonbereich ,Höhen und Tiefen sind OK-GUT ,die Mitteltonschwäche ist auf die Übertrager ,aber auch auf die Schaltung zurückzuführen .Es hilft hier auch keine Schaltungsanpassung .
Der Schaltungsbedingte geforderte hohe Ruhestrom von 65 mA je KT-88 machen das Gerät zum Endröhrengrab .
KURZUM: Die Schaltung ist nicht ausgereift ,die Übertrager (RAA ca. 2,8 KOhm )haben Ihre Stärken und Schwächen,mich konnte das Gerät nicht überzeugen,habe Glücklicherweise nur 460 Euro incl. Zoll+Co bezahlt .

[Jul 22, 2012]
grayfair0
Audio Enthusiast

i bought this amplifier last november secondhand. the tubes needed replacing. after a vast amount of tube rolling on all tubes i came to this selection that works amazingly well together.....

shuguang black treasure kt88-z x 4
brimar 6sn7gty brown base x 2 in v2 and v3
rca grey glass vt231 x 2 in v1 and v4
golden dragon 12ax7-t x 2

the sound from this amplifier is nothing short of stunning. the rest of my system is....

musical fidelity nuvista 3d cd player
quad 21L2 speakers
chord company anthem 2 interconnects
chord company epic twn speaker cables x 4

the whole system works as a synergy and i`d gladly put it up against any high end hifi out there. the soundstage in front of me is totally holographic and as real as things get. deep and wide too! bass is gloriously deep. textured and warm. the mids are to die for making both male and female singers voices textured and clear. voices sounds like it`s coming from their throats rather from their mouths. the highs go high! not bright at all just sooooo open! the big plus too which i feel is the icing on a very good cake is the ability to play anything you throw at it. i`ve played everything from nirvana to holst planets and no one or nothing can wipe the smile off my face. for me it gives a sense of euphoria everytime i listen and always feel satisfied.

i heard this amplifier with it`s standard chinese tubes and although they needed replacing (noisy) the amp still sounded very good although i do agree a touch on the shrill side. tube rolling certainly has put this amplifier into a very different league and i definately agree, the well established big boy amplifiers of the world have a cheaper, prettier, very well built and flexible, upgradable problem to deal with!!!

i hate to think how much i`d have to pay out to better the sound of this amazing amplifier