Yamaha Natural Sound Stereo Power Amplifier Amplifiers

Natural Sound Stereo Power Amplifier

Beautiful power amplifier from Yamaha. The MX-2000 was part of their Centenial Edition in 1988. Rated at 130 WPC, Class A, one pair of speaker outputs.

jcl9   Audio Enthusiast [May 22, 2011]

This amplifier is an outstanding "vintage" unit. Asthetically beautiful. Large Power meters, stainless steel "box" and wood sides. While delivering clean, undistorted, uncolored power tp my speakers, this unit runs a bit warm - typical of class A amplification. A very basic piece with a single pair of speaker outputs on the rear, plus RCA inputs and a ground post.
I am currently using Monitor Audio speakers - GS10. The amp wants more, and I eventually will get to that. I will post a photo when I get another - mine was damaged during shipping. The faceplate is cracked. Now, to find another... USPS is NOT the way to ship audio equipment. I also dealt with a careless seller.
I am using the matching CX-2000 preamp and a Mcintosh MR 80 tuner. I could not find the TX-2000 tuner, but the Mac is very nice.

OVERALL