Yamaha MX-1000U Amplifiers

USER REVIEWS

[Apr 27, 2016]
Mario
Audio Enthusiast

I have a MX-1000U amp that I have enjoyed listening to for many years. I had it worked on previously but was unhappy with the work. I decided to have it restored because I wanted to make sure that it lasted another 20 years and that the sound is as good as it should be, and also wanted the speaker terminals replaced. I use it to drive a pair of Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. I had it restored and I have been listening to the amp for several long sessions and I am very impressed with the difference. It sounds amazing!!! It was well worth the investment. Skip and the team at LegendaryAmps have another very satisfied customer. I appreciate their work and their pride in doing things right.

[Nov 22, 2015]
Reign watson
AudioPhile

Wow!! I had my Yamaha mx-1000u in the closet for a long time. Due to an accident which has me stuck in the house for the past four months. I decided to go through all my audio equipment test and match who works and who sound better with who. Now that is an art ( tonal, distortion, low and high level listening). Now we get to the mx1000 it made realize that
I forgot a very important aspect of listening DYNAMIC RANGE. When listening to D. Krall Stepping Out. She was live, the piano was real and the bass and drums were fantastic. I own everything from Macintosh 275' Janis Defy 7, B&k, classe, CJ and PS Audio only to name a few. The MX 1000 by Yahama is truly one of the all time greats it is the Mohamed Ali of Amps.

[Oct 27, 2015]
K C
AudioPhile

I have owned a Yamaha MX-1000u for many years that I enjoyed, but the LCD L&R channel meter bars and wattage display had stopped working, and I could tell it was no longer performing the way I remembered. I had it restored by LegendaryAmps, and all I can think of to say is WOW!!! I have a great deal of appreciation for all the work that was put into the restoration. I'm trying to put into words without using typical audiophile buzzwords or nonsensical BS, but there honestly seems to be a greater sense of clarity in bass and high frequency ranges, as well as transparency restored in the sound image that was once missing before... Everything looks and sounds fantastic, better than ever I must say, and the new meter lights are beautiful. Certainly the real deal and totally worth it. I also appreciate the helpful tips given to help prolong the life of the amp, and I'll be sure to do what I can to help keep it going for another 30 years (and longer!)

[Sep 25, 2015]
Clifford
Audio Enthusiast

Do you sell this amp, if you do please let me know (clifford_ganegoda@yahoo.com) Thank you

[Sep 01, 2015]
Tracy
Audio Enthusiast

Sent my mx-1000 for rebuild and looks and performs like new! The business is a little pricey but does a good job rebuilding amps

[Apr 03, 2015]
Steve W
AudioPhile

Unit arrived safely and it looks fabulous. More importantly I was quite stunned with how much better it sounded from previously but even my past recollections. There is a substantial improvement. I have challenged it in every way I could, different preamps, speakers, source material, volume etc. Not one combination disappointed. It just consistently produces a smooth luscious presentation that I just get highly engaged with experiencing. I have a few quite high end (and much more expensive) amps and I am surprised to say they do not easily put the MX1000 down. I'm not easily impressed but this really hit the spot. Not cheap but easily worth the wait.

Thanks LegendaryAmps.com for the spectacular work. I feel privileged to now own a museum quality piece of history.

Steve W

[Oct 02, 2014]
L S Jayantha
Audio Enthusiast

I am interesting to buy M1000 or MX1000U with C85 control amplifier.If any one has these items let me know via my mail.

[Apr 01, 2014]
Grant Kokot
AudioPhile

The sonic clarity, accuracy and perfection of my MX-1000, unachievable by some, but not after being restored by Legendary Amps. My MX-1000 was restored to audible and visual excellence. For most, it may be difficult to comprehend what Legendary Amps can do to these amplifiers. I am of opinion that it is comparable to restoring a beautiful, classic '65 Mustang vs. merely changing a flat tire. Some who make the attempt to repair these amps simply replace broken parts and that shall be left for those who dare to compare, as Legendary Amps clientele have come to expect far superior detail, and they deliver. The MX-1000 was my fourth amp to be rebuilt and the sight and sounds are fantastic. Show room finish with precise and accurate sound.
Grant Kokot 4/1/2014

[Jan 04, 2014]
alan michel gaeta rosales
Audio Enthusiast

hola soy de gdl y reciente mente compre un Yamaha mx 1000u, Yamaha avc-70, denon tu-800 y traía bosinas polk audio sda1 pero las bosinas no aguantan la potencia quiero saber que bosinas debo usar para no quemar el amplificador todos se quedan sorprendidos con el audio hermoso que da mejor que los estéreos de hoy en dia y cual es su presio de todo en pesos mexicanos y todo me lo dieron jalando al 100 me encanta todo el audio como se escucha es lo mejor donde le puedo dar mantenimiento y estuvo guardado por años me dijo la señora que me lo vendio

[Jan 30, 2013]
Tim Stevens
AudioPhile

I recently sent my MX-1000U in for restoration. I thought it sounded pretty good and looked ok. To my amazement, when I got the amp back, the high frequencies had come alive and were extremely accurate. The stage presence of the midrange was like I haven’t heard before. The low frequency was now very tight and pronounced. It was something I hadn’t realized had deteriorated over time, being the amp is 25+ years old. Also, while it was it was there, I had the incandescent bulbs replaced with LEDs and the old and brittle speaker terminals replaced with 5-way binding posts. The new speaker terminals are very sturdy, a vast improvement over the original setup.

The magnificent work that LegendaryAmps does on the inside does not stop there. The metal cover, the front glass, the rear panel, all exterior components now look new. The amp almost looks as good as it sounds. I am very pleased with the results of the restoration. I absolutely consider it money well spent. It was a pleasure to do business with LegendaryAmps. I appreciated the prompt return of all my emails, and being dealt with honestly.