Yamaha M-80 Power Amplifier Amplifiers

250 watt contunuous at 8 ohms power amplifier

USER REVIEWS

[Sep 15, 2022]
ampva301

Strength:

This amp has so much power it will blow out the walls, yet at the same time, its musicality of it is genuinely astonishing. Regards from Lewisville

None as of now

[Sep 14, 2022]
Breana

Strength:

Nice! It looks durable and I like the design. solar panels for home st louis

Would love to purchase this item.

[Feb 08, 2022]
Jelai Ande

Strength:

Buy one if you can get one. Oh... recommendation: Use a nice pre-amp! That really helps. Foundation Repair Moreno Valley, CA

None so far.

[Aug 11, 2021]
stussy

Strength:

Many people will not want to go to a nursing home, https://www.caregiverincorona.com so it’s best to consider other options as well.

none so far

[Aug 10, 2021]
merry02

Strength:

I was very encouraged to find this site. The reason being that this is such an informative post. Thanks for sharing!

Darwin kitchen tilers

nothing at all

[Jul 29, 2021]
shemikasoraya

Strength:

Skip goes thrrough the amp and makes it like new. Very happy with the results. In fact, I'm also getting a M-85, and a MX-800 to complete the HT setup. The yamaha amps are to be connected to a Oppo BD-83SE and a Krell Showcase preamp. - www.kitchenremodeltacomawa.com/

None so far.

[Jul 15, 2021]
togolese273

Strength:

This amp has so much power it will blow out the walls yet at the same time the musicality of it is truly astonishing. -- Dumpster Sizes

None so far

[Apr 25, 2019]
Kessel

Strength:

You hardly can go wrong with this beast. The Yamaha M-series amps perform outstanding on several type of speakers. Since a few months I drive my rather rare Yamaha NS-100 (don't confuse w/ NS10) with the M-80. Really amazing wunderful! Ns-100's need a lot of current amd rhus Yammi gives it plenty! Nothing more to say. Buy one if you can get one. Oh... recommendation: Use a nice pre-amp! That really helps! In use a Yamaha C-80.

The speaker bindings are huge but only meant for wire ends. I really prefer banana's

Price Paid:
Used
[Apr 10, 2019]
Big_Bubba

Strength:

I bought my first M80 while I was in the Navy deployed to the Western Pacific in 1985. I still have today in 2019 and use it almost daily. I also purchased the C80 control amplifier and the T80 tuner for a matched set. They all work perfectly after 34 years. I clean them once a year. Coupled with dual Yamaha powered subwoofers, this system blows away anything I have heard that is made today. I recently bought a second M80 amplifier from Ebay and am looking for a third since I plan to use all three amps along with the subwoofers for my home theater surround system. The reason? These M80 effortlessly handles anything thrown at it from quietm crystak clear passages to sudden explosively loud sounds with absolutely minimal .0001 total harmonic distortion. In other words, they reproduce sound that is a perfect production of the original material.

The only drawbacks to the M80 amplifiers are their weight (very heavy) and the heat they put out, which is substantial in a small space. If used at anywhere near full power output they can also trip breakers if there is too much on the circuit. I have already tried and I cannot use both of my M80 amps on the same circuit at continuous high power output.

[Mar 18, 2018]
Ducatiman916

Strength:

Bought my first M-80 in 85 when I was in the Army in Germany. It was worth the money I spent on it and it was enjoyed by me for many years, sadly my basement flooded with water and the amp was submerged, a total loss. I was so happy with it I bought another one off Ebay and also had it restored by Skip at legendary amps. They really do a great job and I now have a work of art that works perfectly. Skip replaces the cheap plastic speaker binding posts with new ones that accept spades or bananas or bare wire. This amp has so much power it will blow out the walls yet at the same time the musicality of it is truly astonishing. Tight well controlled Bass and highs will blow your mind. If you want a world class amp at a very reasonable price buy one off Ebay and have it restored. Mine cost over 500 to buy and another 1100 to have it recapped and gone through.

Used