Yamaha M-50 Amplifiers

Natural Sound Stereo Power Amplifier 120 W/ch .002% THD

USER REVIEWS

[Jan 22, 2019]
klraider

Strength:

Great to complete my Yamaha system . Was new to Yamaha when I bought it. Thought the price was to much for yardsale component. Dickered it down, found out later how much it was really worth. The power is a true compliment to the rest.

Not one issue

Price Paid:
25.00
Purchased:
Used
[Jul 22, 2009]
Steve Pal
Audio Enthusiast

Sorry this is not the M50 I'm reviewing yet it's close to it. I am truly a newbie at this and thought I'd ad my two cents on the M60. I just added a Yamaha M60 to my Yamaha 663 receiver. The 663 was brand new Christmas 08. The M60 drives a pair of Paradigm tower (can't remember the model #) but they are large floor speakers with three drivers each. I bought the speakers with great anticipation and once hooked up I was never impressed with their sound. Now I know why. If you own a large pair of speakers you absolutely need a seperate amp to drive them. With the addition of the M60 these speakers are finally giving the type of sound I expected. What a difference. I paid $140.00 on Ebay for the M60 and it was worth every dollar. Has some cool red meters on the front that look great in the dark too. There is a threshold of volume, usually more than I want, that needs to be reached to gain the full rich sound. I'm wondering if smaller speakers are really what I need in this room?

[Oct 06, 2008]
jahnny farm
AudioPhile

Strength:

All. Sound an looks. Very neutral with a lot of power, rich in bass.

none

Excellent Amplifierr, lots ok power 120 wper channel,
the sound is fantastic with my B&W 603S3 and my preamp C4-

Similar Products Used:

Marantz p500-

[Jun 05, 1999]
TODD
an Audio Enthusiast

Wow ! Though this amp is about 15 years old - it sounds warmer and more natural than any of the current amps on the market today. I just purchased this used along with the C-50 Yamaha Preamp - and they simply sound fantastic. 120 watts per channel - but with headroom to boot ! You will not be disappointed if you can find one of these classics in the used market !

[Aug 19, 1999]
Kirklin
an Audiophile

I recently purchased a Yamaha C-60/M-60 Pre-amp and amp. I love them! My main receiver is Yamama RX-992 (that too is excellent). I purchase the set for $150.00, so I figured why not try it? My only disappointment with them was, they were introduced before Home Theater made a name for itself, so there are no video inputs. Spec wise (and acutal performance) this pair performs better (clean and louder) than any other yamaha componets I've listened too. ( I'm running AR series speakers). For those with limited budgets, or those who like to mix 'n match and try-out new/old products (like myself) if you can get a hold of a C-60/M-60 combination, I'm positive you will find the extra room to keep them . (The M-60 amp is quite bulky)