Taurus Audio 120S Amplifiers

Tube stereo power amp, 70W per chan.

Yuval   an Audio Enthusiast [Aug 22, 1999]

This is a fantastic tube amp by a small company in Newark, CA. If you are local to the San Francisco bay area, check them out!
I bought mine a year and a half ago with their model LS-2S pre-amp. I was comparing the pre- and power amp to the Classe CAP-100, using a Rega Planet CD player and PSB Stratus Gold i speakers. Note: I tested the pre- and power amp as a set and didn't mix'n'match with other amps.

The Classe was the best I had heard so far in my price range, but one listening session at Taurus changed my mind. The sound was warm but very clear, and to me they made PSB's nice midrange even better.

I've had no problems, and they gave me a free upgrade to the pre-amp. The only disadvantage I see is that they are very small (their Newark store is the only one that sells their products), and if I did not live within driving distance I might feel apprehensive about buying from a "mom and pop" shop.