Sony XM-1002HX Amplifiers

XM-1002HX

100Wx2 or 280Wx1

kyle milligan   Audiophile [Oct 26, 2000]
Strength:

cool color, powerfull, cheap

none

This amp is way powerfull. I am pushin 2 Kenwood 12s and you can hear me comin. I hooked a 1000 watt crapy amp up to them and fried the amp in a week, this amp has lasted for a long time,I love it, maybe even more than my girl.

Similar Products Used: clarion
kdc   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 19, 2000]
Strength:

looks

everything else

the sony cdx-m650 is a piece of skipping crap

Similar Products Used: who cares
kdc   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 29, 2001]
Strength:

Non Catchy Looks....Power

Non 4 Guage hook

THIS IS A FOLLOW UP REVIEW THAT I AM WRITING TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN USING MY 1002HX CONTINUOUSLY FOR THE PAST 3 OR SO MONTHS...I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER, THE FACT THAT I CANT KEEP MY CD PLAYER FROM SKIPPING IS A GOOD SIGN UNFORTUNATELY...I AM PUSHING ORION XTR SERIES 2'S, BRIDGED IN MONO AT 2 OHM STABLE...COME AND TRY TO BETTER MY SET UP!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN..ALTHOUGH I MUST SAY THAT THE STRENGTH OF THIS AMPLIFIER IS ONLY ACHIEVABLE WITH THE CORREST SET UP...IM TALKING, GOOD DECK, GOOD EQ, GOOD CROSSOVER, GOOD POWER WIRE AT LEAST 4 GUAGE, GOOD GROUND...AND A FUSED CONFIGURATION..IF YOU HAVE THESE QUALITIES IN YOUR VEHICLE, THIS AMPLIFIER FROM SONY WILL HAPPILY KICK HARDER THEN ANY OTHER AMP IN ITS CLASS NO DOUBT FOR SURE...THEY WILL BE BETTING ON HOW LONG IT TAKES YOU TO PEEK AROUND THE CORNER IN YOUR CAR BEFORE YOU'RE SEEN"OH, I HEAR KEN...HE SHOULD BE ARRIVING IN I BET...25 SECONDS...." WHOS GOT 5 BUCKS ON IT?! IM OUT....KEN

Similar Products Used: all types
Jamie   [Jul 26, 2000]
Strength:

Strong (280 Watts RMS bridged), sleek, lots of features, cool color, 1 ohm stable.

Can't find any yet

I had never dreamed of buying a Sony stereo system or amplifier until it was suggested to me by the salesman @ Visions Electronics. I was amazed by how well this amplifier drove 2 12" Sony Xplod subs. Those things were just bouncing! I was impressed by its price, and features, not to mention the fact that this thing will handle two 12" subs hooked up parallel and run them all day long without even getting hot. Those subs connected in parallel are getting about 140 Watts RMS each! I was so impressed with the amp, that I bought the subs to match! I have ran the two of them together for about 10-11 months now and have not had one problem with either of them. I like them so much that, I bought a Sony ES Cd receiver and a Sony XM 552HX (little brother to the 100HX) amplifer to run the 4 speakers I have in the interior of my car. Friends and strangers come up to me when I get out of my car and ask me what kind of stereo I have in my car because they can hear me coming a mile away. They are suprised and shocked to hear me say "Sony." Anyone who is looking for a good quality, well built amplifier at a very good price - look no further. This thing will do the job for you. I've had Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, and Pioneer amplifiers in the past. The Sony performs just a well as any of it's competitors if not better. I challenge anyone to find a 100 x 2 amplifier that is 1 ohm stable for the same money as this amplifier. Good job, Sony - you made me a believer.

Similar Products Used: Sony XM 552HX
kdc   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 11, 2001]
Strength:

power. 1 ohm stability

50 50 chance of getting a great amp

MY FELLOW AUDIO ENTHUSIAST AND BUDDY JEREMY HAS THIS AMPLIFIER ALSO...AFTER A LOT OF HARD WORK AND BUILDING SET UPS TO SPEC...WE ENCOUNTER MEDIOCRE SOUND IN HIS CAR...IT DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE TO US...WE DID EVERYTHING RIGHT...COME TO FIND OUT THAT THE SONY1002HX HAS 2 MINDS...IT IS DEFINITELY SOME SORT OF SPLIT PERSONALITY....IN MY CAR WE SUFFERED NO BLOWS, IN HIS CAR WE COULDNT GET A DECENT SOUND OUT OF THIS AMP...WE BROUGHT IT TO GOOD, EXCUSE ME, BAD GUYS IN DUBLIN CA WHERE SOME A**HOLE NAMED SKIP REFUSED TO TAKE THE AMP BACK..THAT JERK OFF IF I EVER SEE HIM ON THE STREET IM GONNA PUT A POINT ON MY RECORD WHEN I SIDESWIPE HIS PUNK A*S...WE GOT A NEW AMP AT ANOTHER GOODGUYSAND WE WERE HOPING FOR THE BEST. WE LEARNED THAT THESE AMPLIFIERS HAVE VERY POORL DONE MOSFETS...WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THEY CAN EASILY GO OUT... SO NOW I SIT AND WAIT FOR MINE TO GO...WE'LL SEE I GUESS...AS LONG AS YOU HAVE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY ITS ALL GOOD THOUGH.I COULD GO FOR AN UPGRADE ANYTIME! WE REPLACE HIS AMP AND ITSX DID'T SOUND ANY BETTER. SO BACK TO SQAURE ONE...BUT WITH THIS RECENT INFO ON THE 50 50 CHANCE OF A GOOD OR BAD SONY AMP..WE PROBABLY WON'T BUY SONY AGAIN...BUT AS FOR THE GOOD ONES....MY CAR HAPPILY KICKS ASS ALL DAY DOWN THE STREET WITH THE 1002HX.....GO FIGURE....I GUESS I GOT LUCKY AND ROLLED A 7....LATER KEN..MORE UPDATES TO COME....

Similar Products Used: all kinds
Freeman   an Audio Enthusiast [Dec 27, 1998]

I just purchased this product and I am amazed at the quality of this amp. I also read a review in CA&E and this product smashed all of the other amps that it was tested with. I highly recomend this amp to anyone who wants to be fully satisfied with their car audio purchase.

Loren   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 11, 1999]
Strength:

WOOFER POUNDER

none

I put this bad boy on a single 12 JLW6 and it pounded! Then I tried my friends CV A.I. 12 and it pounded. At 280 RMS bridged it is a true woofer pounder. The best part is I paid less than $200 for it and it out does friends big name amps made for woofers! Put one on each 10 or 12 and rock your world

adam jankowski   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 12, 2001]
Strength:

excellent power 1 ohm stable dosnt get hot

size and wire hook ups dosnt dubble power from 2ohm mono to 1ohm mono

this amp rocks it pushes 2 12" rockford fosgates fairly decent its such a good amp that i bought another just like it one for each sub got it at a decent price not as good as the frist 10 bucks more but was still worth it to bad they are discontinuing this amp hope there is a new one just like it.

Similar Products Used: crunch 600v
kdc   Audiophile [Mar 13, 2001]
Strength:

LOOKS

NO ESP, OR MEMORY TO KEEP FROM SKIPPING

OK WELL, AFTER GETTINGN TIRED OF LISTENING TO MY CDX-M650 SKIP LIKE MAD AT HALF THE VOLUME....I DECIDED TO TAKE IT OUT AND PUT RUBBER GROMMETS IN BETWEEN THE SCREW MOUNTS...NOT TO MENTION A FULLY COVERED SET OF BRACKETS TO HOLD THE DECK FOR THE ISO MOUNT. IT NOW DOESNT SKIP...ALTHOUGH I MUST SAY THAT THIS HSOULDNT HAVE TO BE DONE TO KEEP ANYONES DECK FROM SKIPPING BUT IF YOU DECIDE TO USE THIS DECK OR ANY OTHER SONY DECK, BE SURE THAT YOU USE IT IN A NON ISO MOUNT SITUATION...IT WILL HELP KEEP THE SKIPPING TO A MINIMUM...OR JSUT GET THE CHANGER....IVE ALWAYS HAD BAD LUCK WITH THEIR DECKS AND GOOD LUCK WITH THEIR CHANGERS...EITHER MY SYSTEM IS THE SHIZNETZEL IN THE ENTIRE LAND OF SONYVILLE OR MY DECK IS A FACTORY REJECT THAT I HAVE TO TREAT EVER SO DELICATELY TO KEEP IT FROM SKIPPING..OF COURSE IM COMPLETELY UNSATISFIED WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS DECK, I WILL DEFINITELY GO WITH A DIFFERENT BRAND IN THE FUTURE,...SUCH AS THE VERY GOOD PIONEER (YET UGLY) DECKS....OUT FOR NOW.... KDC

Similar Products Used: EVERYTHING
kdc   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 28, 2000]
Strength:

Power, non catchy looks, clean

non 4 guage hook up

Ok, for all of you out there spending a buck a watt.... I have news for ya... you are missing out!! i have been working on set ups for years, i installed the 1002hx in my 300z and it blew me away! It slumps so loud that i cant even find its clipping point before my cd player skips! Now that's raw power!! Man, people want to spend so much money on big brand amps....(ppi,audiobahn,phoenix gold...etc..)This is an amp that i did not believe would push my orion's as good as it does! This is the amp of amps...More bang for your buck than any other amp out there on the market today for sure! Good non catchy looks,clean,and very powerful. I mean if you can take 2 of these babies and put a 1 ohm load to them at 630 watts a piece? What more could you want? i can run my sony all day no probs! Highly recommended for the audio enthusiast that wants to be heard before they're seen! and at a great price too!! i out.