ROTEL RMB-1095 Amplifiers

ROTEL RMB-1095 Amplifiers

DESCRIPTION

High current five channel amplifier · 200 watts x 5 into 8 ohms · Detachable power cord · Two Rotel toroidal transformers · Balanced and unbalanced inputs · British slit foil capacitors

USER REVIEWS

[Apr 29, 2020]
boliches

Strength:

it's a great amp for the price, very sharp and powerful

does not have

Purchased:
New
[Nov 19, 2016]
RZ
AudioPhile

I am using this amp with B&W Nautilus 803's and an HTM2 center, it sounds fantastic. It also looks very cool with the massive size, front and side heat sinks, rear wheels and fantastic connections. At this point in time, you will struggle to find a better amp with this much power and great sound in the sub-$1000 category. Not only do they sound great, but have great damping and headroom. I use it with the Rotel RSP-1098 and it really shines for both music and movies. Mine is not going anywhere.

[Sep 23, 2014]
George
Audio Enthusiast

If you have the room and the speakers and the desire to really EXPERIENCE your music, this Amp. is your key to the awesome kingdom!

I had my RMB 1095 hooked-up to all Rotel gear (in DVD Audio mode) and B&W N804's, HTM-1 and surrounds and two ASW 2500 subs. Fleetwood Mac in DVD Audio format was simply amazing! A large silky sound stage with incredible imagery. Picking out every musical nuance from all directions. It was a superlative music experience! Best of Doors also fantastic! This Amp. is a heavy hitter and basically bullet proof.

[Oct 23, 2010]
mcjames1234
Casual Listener

My first separate amp, got it from fleabay. Impression: Surreal! But first, the gears I used: Source: old Technics CD player (MASH)? PreAMP : McIntosh C34V; Speakers: a pair of BW 804 MATRIX series.
SET UP: BiAMP to the speakers with one channel run to the highs and the other to the lows of the speakers (leaving center channel unused) Review here is for music only. and I ain't no expert, but to my ears the sound is heaven. I know, only less than a month and this guy is giving a review? what an amateur right?...

Sound stage: it is quite impressive, very deep and wide but dependence on the volume, the louder the better. A mini concert hall in you own home. It projects a sense of 3 dimensional in sound; listening to Chris Botti in Boston CD was surreal. True amplification with insane headroom; Listening to BOSTON' Amanda was a whole new experience and rediscovery; Krall live n Paris was (to my ears) live in mi casa, really like being in the center of the stage; The Door CD...ROCKS!

Effort: excellent detail amplification when the passage or music calls for it, Intrumentals and voices decaying passages were accurately portrayed to include crescendo and decresendo passage. It has an astounding definition and resolution in the face of complex composition. PINK! CDs, I can hear her take a deep breath each time she sings; Heart Dream Boat annie (long version) at the end of the song, one can discerned the creaking of the boats, seagull hawking and wave crashing, quite detailing and pronounced and superb transparancy

The High: not harsh nor metallic nor piercing. My ears tell me it is very accurate presentation on the intended music presentation. BIGBAND and Bossa NOVA, I can listen to them all day in this setup

Midrange: Voices are distinctive, neutral with no additives. A true representation. ABBA is SMOKIN!

LOW: not boomie, bass is clear and not muddy, plain clean and distinctive. DefLeppard RULES!

Style: BIG and Heavy but will make quite a statement in your living room, has weak topside so don't stack anything or it will dip down! and don't block the vent! gets warm quickly.It looks intimidating but yet reserve in appearance. especially all black color.

Overall: meant to be played a little louder than normal (whatever that means!) Not certain if if can put out at club level but then again I'm not throwing a block party every weekend. Amp put out clean, untainted, no preservative or additive or coloring, just delivering pure unadulterated power exactly what it's suppose to do; your speakers personality will show through, also It will reveal the flaws of your sources, and the bad recordings. Sharp edges will give kids stiches, so keep kids away. Excellent product for the price range. To my ears, the sound production generated from my humble equipments resembled the time I auditioned the mac equipments with the BW N803D. (Though not silky smooth but buttery smooth at least that is what my ears are telling me. Satisfied with this set up, and I'm good for the next 5 years.
Have not encounter any issue at this point, ran it for 6 hrs straight and just get warm. no listening fatigue however, I can't turn the volume pass 1/4 way because it gets too loud for the apartment complex. next on the shopping list..a house and a YUGO

[Sep 20, 2010]
david
AudioPhile

got this amp to replace bat 2 channel i wuz using(bk1000)
the sound and build quality is verry good
the bang for the buck is awesome
my system
krell hts
rotel rmb 1095
jbl 8340 surrounds (5) pro-commercial speakers
entech lf-10 subwoofers (2) -20hz all day
all nordost connections
playstation 3 (blu ray-dvd)
philips dvd 963sa (universal player)
insignia 47" lcd
with this set up there is no need to go to theatre
the rotel is thx so it matches the speakers perfectly
and lots o power to spare
at volumes that will hurt your ears

[Mar 19, 2010]
Jim Davis

One word: AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

[Feb 11, 2010]
tonton69
Audio Enthusiast

I recently purchased a used RMB-1095. I upgraded from a 120wpc Rotel 980BX. The quality of this amp is outstanding. The build qualify is excellent and the sound is also outstanding. This amp drives my 5.1 polk RTi speaks with no issues. The RTi 10s tend to beg for mercy at louder volumes though. So far no compliants. The only draw back is that its only 5 channels. You would have to get a separate amp if you wanted 7.1. I was debating between this amp and the Anthem, but the Rotels are a bit easier on the wallet.

[Jun 09, 2009]
VOODOO
AudioPhile

THE THING IS A BEAST END OF STORY PUT SOME BLACK LABEL SOCIETY IN AND TURN IT UP AND YOU WILL BE HAMMERED BY THE SHEAR SONIC IMPACT THAT THE RMB-1095 PRODUCES,IT HAS ONLY ONE SHORT FALL THAT I CAN TELL,THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD MAKE THIS THING BETTER WOULD BE 500 WATTS A CHANNEL @ 8 OHMS TOTAL BLOWS AWAY ALL MY OTHER AMPS AND HAVE BEEN A DEDICATED CINEPRO AMP OWNER FOR YEARS THIS IS MY NEW THOROUGHBRED NOW.

[Oct 31, 2008]
abidmrcog
AudioPhile

Strength:

low frequency sound, like bass and punch, good value for money, great price.

Natural sound, too bright will get ear fatique, mid is also too loud as compared to the low and high , the balance is lost.

I would rather go for Denon or Yamaha instead of Rotel for the same price.

Always wished to listen this rotel 200 watts at 8 ohms amp, price was its great attraction and value for money, I bought krell FPB-200 in the year 2004 (Used one for $3800) as many of my friend recommended me. I was disappoinded by the price i spent for krell as i could have bought a new rotel for much cheaper. Today october 2008 I manage to listen Rotel 1095 as it went through an add. I was in search for an amp for my friend who bought B&W 683 as I advised him to buy. We first listened it on Krell 200watts at my place, then we managed to play it on Rotel, the sound sucks, rotel showed lack of natural sound, all the listen pleasure and sweetness was gone, my ears started hurting and I lost the listenening tolerance after 2 tracks.