ROTEL RMB-1075 Amplifiers

ROTEL RMB-1075 Amplifiers

DESCRIPTION

120W x 5 into 8 ohms, 200W x 5 into 4 ohms, 180 damping factor.

USER REVIEWS

[Aug 30, 2012]
Ricardo Jiménez Salazar
AudioPhile

El RMB 1075 es un excelente equipo emplificador, el cual carga de energia a un sistema de bocinas KEF 700 frontales y las Q1 traseras y central. Liberando un sonido muy claro y llena armoniosamente la habitacion sin ningun problema. estoy muy contento por que soporta el volumen alto, sin hacer muecas, aun en peliculas de accion con sonidos Thrue HD y DTS master HD, se distinguen claramente los todos sonidos, incluso en escenas agresivas sin afectar el sonido original.

[Dec 06, 2007]
nick778
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

More power and control than one would think given the specs. Clarity, soundstage and sonics Rotel is known for.

Value.

Power Cod but what amp has a high quality power cord in this price range. I use a PS Audio Plus SC and it really opens up the amp.

I bought the RMB-1075 to power my B&W CCM-65 surrounds and an HTM7 center and it was perfect for this application. I upgraded my center to a B&W HTM3S and thought I would have to replace the 1075 with a 1095 or even a RB-1080 to drive the center...B&Ws are power hungry as most eveyone knows.

Instead I used one of the extra channels to bi-amp the HTM3S from my Rotel RSP-1068 (which has two center outputs) and the RMB-1075 does a nice job of producing a wide soundstage, accurate sonics and even good contol over the HTM3S' bass drivers despite only aving a damping factor of about 200.

Had my processor not had the extra center output, I would have needed to upgrade to the RMB-1095 or bought an a RB-1080 for the center speaker. My mains are B&W 802Ds and I power them with Rotel's RB-1090 bi-wired.

Many.

[Apr 10, 2007]
starguygwb
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Good power to cost ratio, runs cool, able to render good movie sound effects

not so good for quality two channel listening, lacks soundstaging

If you are looking for a nice starter amp for your entry into HT, this is a nice amp to start with. If you are looking for a highend amp to replace your two channel stereo with, save some money for a higher end brand or model. I started with a stereo, Adcom pre-amp, Sunfire amp. Wanted to make the leap into HT, sold both and bought a Marantz HT reciever SR7000. Sounded nice but wanted to get back into separates, looked at Rotel, Krell, Adcom. Rotels sounded great for the price(one day I'll replace the amp with a Sunfire) I have the Rotel pre-pro RSP-1066 and together these pair up nicely. Lots of clean power, ability to render movie soundtracks with ease.

Sunfire stereo amp, Marantz SR7000 receiver

[Feb 13, 2005]
smokehouse
AudioPhile

Strength:

Power, detail, and clean. The looks on the silver/black are really nice. THX ultra rated.

Crummy power cord! I have to get a new one! Not good for a $1000 amp.

I have been meaning to purchase a separate amplifier for some time now and the opportunity to purchase this amp popped up. New, unused for $800, how could I refuse? Up until I purchased it I had been using my Marantz SR-7400 as an all-in-one. I got home, hooked it up and instantly heard the difference. It’s rather hard to explain but the amp wasn’t much louder, just much more clean and accurate. What once was a wall of sound became 5 separate speakers all talking to me at once. I played many different personal reference films but a few that really stood out was the “Diva” scene in The Fifth Element and “The Bridge of Khazad Dum” scene in the extended LotR DVD. Both were played in DTS. I know this is a generic term but I actually heard new details I had never heard before. My rather small HT (15’x25’) sounded like a room twice that size. The detail and little nuances were amazing. I pushed the amp to reference levels and it did not break a sweat pushing my rather hungry B&W’s, it has tons of authority and power. After doing all this it was barely even warm to the touch. Needless to say I am impressed and will not be using the store’s return policy anytime soon. Short list of my audio system: Marantz SR-7400 (used as proc) Rotel RMB-1075 QSC RMX-850 (sub amp) Marantz DV-6200 DVD player B&W 601 S3 (front L&R) B&W LCR600 S3 (center) B&W 601 S2 (L&R surround) Type Twelve Audio Monolith subwoofer (2) Tributaries interconnects

Marantz, Yamaha, B&K

[Nov 25, 2004]
kode3
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Looks, Power, Sound Quality.

None so far.

Great product, tons of power even for my power hungry Martin Logan speakers. I use this amp in a 5.1 config, but two channel stereo is great. I would say my old B&K two channel with more power (125.2) was struggling, that's not a problem with the Rotel. I highly recommend it.

[Aug 10, 2004]
toonrguy
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

power,smooooothnes

needs a lot of space to breath(ended up having to buy a new rack)

I got this unit on a trade-in.I had a Rotel 985 amp for about a year & a half.My right rear channel went out so I sent the 985 in for repair.The folks at Rotel were a little too slow to fix it so I upgraded by trading mine in on the 1075.(I'm sure glad I did).The 985 had a tendedncy to be a little too bright for me.Right out of the box the 1075 seemed a little boring but I gave it 100 hours before I started critical listening.Boy what a difference.The amp is smoother & sweeter than the 985..more get up & go.I'm running it with Magnapan speakers all around & there's enough oomph for making those speakers sing.SACD is a Reeeeeeeeeal joy now.My new favorite disc is De Falla Tres Picos on Harmonia Mundi label.Noches is great for a piano work & it sounds wonderful on my system.The amp was the missing link to my set-up!!! system:rotel 1066 pre-amp 1075 amp maggi's all around sony es999 SACD music fidelity upsampler(for cd) Mapleshade cables & interconnects

Rotel 9985 mac 125

[Feb 14, 2004]
spiver
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Effortless ability. Great dynamics. If only all power amps looked this good.

The rear speaker cable binding posts are much too close together and need to be more substantial for heavy cables.

Quite simply the best 5 channel amplifier available in its price range. I was running a pair of Musical Fidelity X-A200 monoblock amps before I went multichannel. I knew I couldn`t match those babys for sound quality without busting the bank but I was determined to get close. I wanted an amp that fulfil my home cinema needs without sacrificing 2 channel sound quality. The front end of my system is the superb Myryad MDP500 G6 pre amp (just buy one!!) I had auditioned the Myryad MA500 power amp with this processor which is the obvious choice but the Rotel really offers serious competition at half the price. I loved both amps and through my Proac D15s they both a very similar sound. I thought I might regret passing on the Myryad amp but a few months down the line I still love the Rotel. Lets face it going from 2 channel to 5 channel audio can be a frustrating experience but the Rotel has surpassed all my expectations. Even at twice the price you wouldn`t be dissapointed.

Roksan Caspian AV Rotel RB985 Myryad MA500

[Nov 14, 2003]
Luis31
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

-Sound, Sound, Sound... -Power/headroom, excellent power reserves -Cosmetics/looks, Quite operation, dead silent

Requires a "short" break-in. Opens up after 72 hours of use and continues to sound the way Rotel intended gradually after that...

The Rotel RMB-1075 is, simply put - "bang for your $$$". For under $1K, you get a "neutral" sounding amplifier with smooth, yet detailed highs, warm midrange, and well-extended, tight lows. Rotel rated its power very consertive, don't let the "120 Watts x 5 channels" power rating fool you. This amp has massive headroom, excellent power reserves. Beware, though, it may sound a little "thin" out of the box (just like most solid-state amplifiers...), but after 72 hours or so of use, it opens up.

Similar Products Used:

Outlaw Model 7100 amplifier (also recommended...), Yamaha, Sony, and Denon receivers.

[Feb 11, 2003]
jampot72
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Clarity, price, looks

I'm having a bit of trouble with the rsp 1066 (see review) - hope that sort of shoddy quality control does not extend to this unit too. I'm not much for exchanging things - takes me half a day to plug everything up, and I just want to enjoy the music. But so far so good.

I bought this along with the rsp 1066, figured 400 bucks more than rotel's own rsx 1065 would get me into separates. Since I almost never used the tuner in my old receiver - it worked out really well. The sound is awesome; and I like the way it looks. I have it driving my main/center/rears (b&w 6 series), and it did make a substantial difference in sound from my Yamaha.

Yamaha rx v 992

[Dec 27, 2002]
Madd
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Quality sound!

Power cord,no direct access to soundfield without the onscreen menu. Remote does not want to learn my DVD player,Sat system and processor gets real hot.

After going back and forth between the 1095 and the 1075 I got the 1075 and saved some cash which was spent on the RSP 1066 pre/pro.Wow! What a difference over my Yamaha RXV 1000. I was skeptical that this would blow away my Yamaha. Was I wrong! The soundstage opened up alot with dynamic affect. Nice clean smooth sound. HT is amazing and 2 ch music as well. I find myself having to turn down the volume. You will not find separates like this for any where near the price of this combo. Clean,detailed,dynamic smooth sound is what you get. System: Mitsubishi Sat direct TV Rotel RSP 1066 Pre/pro Rotel 1075 AMP Toshiba SD6200 DVD Paradigm Reference line speakers Studio 20's FT Studio CC CT Studio ADP's RR PW 2200 SUB Cardas 300b microtwin interconnects Kimber DV-30 Dig Cox connect Bettercable silver serpents S-video Straightwire componnet video connect

Adcom,Kenwood,Yamaha