ROTEL RB-1562 Amplifiers

RB-1562

• Input Sens. / Impedance: 1.25V / 8.3 k ohms
  • Frequency Response (+/-1 dB): 10 - 40 KHz (+3dB)
  • Power Consumption: 130 Watts

DJ   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 11, 2016]

I fully agree with the previous two gentlemen. The RB-1562 must be Rotel's best kept secret. It elevated my Wharfedale Diamond 9.5's to a league I had never thought possible, especially with them now being properly bi-wired to the 1562. I have owned pre/power combinations from Adcom, Rotel and Quad previously, but the 1562 beats them all. It always sounds effortless, open, clear, dynamic and smooth - though with all the speed and snap required to enjoy all musical genres. It sounds so even handed and musical that I can listen to my music collection for hours on end. Eventually I have found a power amp that satisfies all my requirements. The search is over!

vintageluver   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 10, 2016]

I have mine hooked up with a pair of PSB Image T6 tower speakers and I'm not even thinking about replacing them with any B&W's. The sound of the Rotel RB-1562 and these speakers combo is charming from top to bottom; I dare to compare this great amp with the legendary Rotel RB-1090 power tank I've once owned paired with its partner the RC-1090 preamp. This little fellow is very musical, has great dynamics, extremely controlled, cool running and yet powerful. I enjoy several hours of music genres without fatigue from jazz, country, classical, pop, latin and hard rock. Something to be concerned of, is that not all passive preamps are suitable for this amp, perhaps due to its low input impedance (8.3K Ohms). Although it sounds like magic with the McCormac Line Drive passive volume controller. If you want to hear the best of Rotel try this jewel of a power amplifier!

Hififan   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 21, 2016]

The Rotel RB-1562 is a powe amp that offers great value. I have had other Rotel amps before but the RB-1562 exceeds them in dynamics, detail and control. Combining them with B&W speakers works like a charm. Especially with jazz, classical and acoustic music the Rotel RB-1562 plays way above its pricetag. And it does so with ease. Too bad there aren't many audio magazines that tested this amp. I'm sure it would get some great ratings. So if you're looking for a power amp with dynamics then make sure to consider the RB-1562.