ROTEL RB-1552 Amplifiers

RB-1552

• Power Configurations: 2 x 120 watts
  • Damping Factor (8 Ohms): 500
  • Input Sensitivity / Impedance: 1.0V / 33kOhms
  • Frequency Response (+/-1dB): 4 - 100kHz (+0.5dB, -3dB)
  • Power Consumption: 400 watts

DPSingh   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 28, 2015]

I bought the 1552 MKII for two reasons, the price, and my prior experience with Rotel products. After a brief listen at my hi-fi dealers shop I purchased the amp along with the matching pre/dac. Since then I've been enjoying them powering a set of Golden Ear Triton 7's.
The amp is really all you need and even a bit more. The sound is warm and smooth with no trace of screech or harshness even when pushed to loud levels. The price is right! Those editors at The Absolute Sound that awarded this amp product of the year status (2014)are spot on.........

Disbeliever   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 30, 2015]

product year is 2014 for Rotel 1552 MK 2 amplifier IMO this is the best 120 wpc stereo amplifier on the market at any price wonderful value. sounds excellent. Only gripe is the input sensitivity at 1.5 volt would prefer it to be .75 to 1 volt.

Jesse   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 07, 2013]

First of all the price is $899.00. This is an outstanding amp for the money period. I use it with the RC 1582 pre-amp, dac-magic and dock, Ipod and paradigm studio 20v4. To top it off I have more than I bargained for. Also it keep sounding as time goes by.

hey2040   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 26, 2010]

I have this amp for a little time, and what a difference !!!!!!! Power, and Very Clear Sound, its a very pleasure listen it!!!!, for many years i have used Yamaha and Onkyo, some times Harman Kardon, but I always wondered why they do not listen well my cd´s music?, All these receptors are not good for music, I most often listen to music and watch movies once a week, so I had to buy this wonder and wow!!!!!!!, now the music is played as it should be !!!!!
I know there are better amps but with this I am very pleased!!, especially now that I hear with Monitor Audio speakers RX8.

GeorgeBobbo   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 24, 2010]

I've using this amp to power a set of B&W CM7s and although both amp and speakers are quite new, they perform well above my expectations.
My system is Macmini, Apple Lossless in itunes controlled with ipod touch outputting optical into cambridge Dacmagic, then into a Cambridge Azur 640A V2.
The amp supplies heaps of head room and maintains clarity from min to max volume never fatiguing the ears.
Very happy camper!

Bruceov   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 18, 2009]

This is a nice sounding amp. A little forward. The price is 899.00 not 1299.00. I use mine with a rogue metis preamp and b and w speakers