Kenwood BASIC M1-D Amplifiers

BASIC M1-D

2 Channel power amplifier

wigedout99   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 15, 2009]

Was in dire need of a amplifier that would drive my 4 ohm Cerwin Vega VS-120's....This baby not only handled the Vega's but also drove my 8 ohm Kenwood KL-777a's with out breaking a sweat ! Have always been a Sansui freak but this M1-D has made a believer out of me.....$ wise this is the ticket & I'm looking for another one...the Kenwood MD-1 is a well keep secret and I recommend it highly! A long with the Kenwood C-1 or C-2 preamp you will not regret or believe the high quality that comes out of these baby's...I even put my Adcom preamp in the closet! So if your in need of a GOOD cheap dependable amp..This is the one.

OVERALL
Old Rusty   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 12, 2008]
Strength:

Huge sound with no noise, distortion or fade. Seems capable of driving any kind of load you throw at it.

Takes up a lot of shelf space.

Another trusty power amp from the folks at Kenwood! Used this for years as a subwoofer power amp in the basement home theater, but suddenly I needed one upstairs to drive 4 speakers in stereo. Hooked 'er up to 4 old Wharfedales & a sub, plopped in a blu-ray of 'Die Hard' & KABOOM goes the room! Gobs of power...could probably drive 10 pairs of speakers.

Similar Products Used: SCOTT ,NAD,YAMAHA, LUXMAN, MARANTZ, ETC.
OVERALL