Harman Kardon PA-2400 Amplifiers

PA-2400

Power Amplifier - 170w x2 Channels (1993-1995)

tyrone   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 07, 2016]

Power power power! the pa2500 provide pure power to push my dcm speakers. By far the best amp i have ever owned. I have a pair of 901 bose- looking for another pa 2500 or better(it possible)amp to push them.

paul lynch   AudioPhile [Mar 31, 2013]

Hi ive been using a pair of pa 2400 signitures and ap2500 sig in vertical bi-amp mode for a year or so with phonominal results. Imaging is wide open, depth and hight superb, bass really extended and tight, vocals just hang in space and treble is clean, open and extended. I was using a rotel rc 995 pre when i got the pa 2400s, but when i got hold of the ap2500 everything snapped into focus, they are superlative for the money and one would have to spend a huge amount today to better them significantly.

CosmicJay   AudioPhile [Jul 17, 2012]

I am running a pair of PA 2400's to power my Martin Logan Monolith III's and they sound great. Even before I replaced the panels, the sounds were crisp and clear. Instantly reminded why I kept these speakers all these years. You will find yourself looking through your albums and rediscovering old favorites.

Jeffery   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 10, 2009]

Great AMP, I don;t why H/k gave up their power-amp market

automaticmojo   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 18, 2009]
Strength:

Uncanny listening experince, no listener fatique, can listen to for hours. If you like the Citation 12, this is a major improvement in term of high frequency resolution, transient, and low frequency reserve.

It can run warm. This design runs a higher bias than many amps, so it runs warm.
Best listen to after 1/2 hour warmup to fully experience what it has to offer.

This amp is clearly one of the best kept secrets on the market. Clearly one of the top amps I have heard period. The 170 watt belies what justice this amp will do for your listening experience. 120 amps of current available when needed. It has a wwarm tube like sound with highly detailed mids and highs, complemeted nicely by the seemingly limitless llow distortion, highly accurate, low frequency response. It will really wake your speakers up, and make them perform the way they were designed to.
Why?
Perhaps it's the ultra fast transient response and rise time, the 4 huge power supply caps and trorodial tansfomer, the 6 extra high current, ultra fast toshiba transistors per channel. Who knows? Whats important is how it sounds, and this amp won't disappoint. Similiar to a Citation 12, without the veiled highs, and much more reserve avaiable.
This, was easily picked up on Ebay for $250, way below what it's worth-easily $500-$600 IMHO.
However they don't show up too often, probably becuase there owners know how good they really are, no need to 'upgrade' with this type of performance.
Highly recommended!!

Similar Products Used: Carver CM-2002/M-400M/Adcom GFA/Citation 12 /Citation V/Kenwood Basic M-2
Photis Hadjicostis   an Audio Enthusiast [Aug 15, 1999]

Excellent sound. Excellent everything. Highly reccomended.

Levi Matthews   an Audio Enthusiast [Feb 15, 1999]

I have recently owned the H/K for around a year now and I every time I listen the it the sound gets warmer and smoother.

My home set-up consists of two pairs of JBL's CF series the first pair is the CF-150's. The PA-2400 is wired to this pair with 12-gauge Monster cable. The clean sound the H/K produces is amazing. For and amplifier of this magnitude, I would have paid several thousands. JBL published the CF-150's at a 98db/SPL rating. My friend works in car audio and has a SPL meter. With just my CF-150's and my H/K PA-2400 crank the meter a little over 120db's of sound pressure. I was pretty amazed and so was he. My room size is approximately 3000 cubic feet. This amp is definetely a monster @ 175 wpc and cranking +- 100 amps of current. I give this amplifier a five in everything except availiablity. They discontinued them, however Harman Kardon can probably find you one.

Jermey   Audiophile [Oct 25, 2000]
Strength:

Amazing Power!!!!!!!!!!

NONE

This Amp kicks some major butt. I own Kef speakers and this amp makes these speakers sound more musical and intense than I've ever heard them.