Exposure XXV Amplifiers

XXV

2-Channel Integrated Amp

SerG   an Audio Enthusiast [Jul 08, 1999]

>Before I had : Pioneer 605/ Cambridge A3 / Arcam @9 / AlchemisT nemesis/
Cyrus III / Audiolab / Densen-100.
THEY DO NOT COST OF COMPARISONS.
Very good amplifier / Classe Audio-151/.
Exposure-25 = The BEST. I ask to trust as the musician.
==============================================================
transp.- C.E.C.
DAC Arcam box-500
EXPOSURE-25
Monitor Audio PMC-702 mk-II, cables- TransparenT musik link.

Andrew Carr   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 09, 1999]
Strength:

Very musical, deep bass and well rounded sound, very listenable for long periods.

The sound does not have as much impact as the Audiolab or as much detail as a Naim.

I think the Exposure is the most balanced of the current integrated amps. I tried the Audiolab 8000S, which I found had the impact I liked, but lacked the deep bass and was far too bright and dry. The Cyrus amps were very good but too processed sounding for my liking. The Arcam Alpha 10 has a lovely sound, but lacks attack and life.

The Exposure goes amazingly well with Ruarks.

----------------------------------------
My system :-
Arcam Alpha 6 CD Player,
Exposure 25 RC,
Ruark Talisman II Loudspeakers.

Similar Products Used: Arcam Alpha 10, Audiolab 8000S
Rob Holman   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 06, 2000]
Strength:

Improves with age. Very well-weighted bass, great all-rounder.

Dodgy remote control system means that when trying to adjust volume, the input selector moves at random! Also affected by other remotes.

Well, it took ages to choose between the Audiolab 8000S and the Exposure. I found that the level of detail and clarity delivered by the Audiolab were unbeatable. However, after much swapping of components and music styles, I kept coming back to the Exposure RC 25 - it really shone when it came to classical music - the Audiolab sounded cold and uninspiring by comparison.

The levels of warmth and natural realism are unbeatable at the price, and I agree wholeheartedly with the statement that the Exposure works well with Ruark Talisman II's, as that's what I use! They are partnered with hand made DB interconnects (about £300) which are incrediably revealing, and a Pioneer 505 Special Edition CD player, which is a little too bright tonally for this partnership. The only downside to this Amplifier are the aforementioned remote control system, which appears to have a life of its own.

I can forgive the remote control problem, as the amplifier is so well-rounded in all other areas.