Cyrus 1 Amplifiers

Cyrus 1 Amplifiers

USER REVIEWS

[Apr 27, 2018]
peteratanas

Strength:

Hello ! I own this little amp since 1990 .For my oppinion, it was the only amp in his price -tag that reaches , what we can call high - end . It has great dynamics , much better than Creek , Musical Fidelity , Rega and so on..... It sounds clear , very musical and powerfull . It`s more agile than the Mission Cyrus II . It is easy to use , and has a beautiful design . Technically perfect , with great musicality ...it sounds good , even with low-cost loudspeakers , but to reach it`s potential , it should be combined with good other audio equipment .

At very high levels ... a slight tendency to shout .

Price Paid:
1990
[Sep 19, 2007]
Jo
AudioPhile

Strength:

excellent sound

no remote control

I bought my Cyrus one 6 years ago together witch a huge Harman Kardon-50pound-100W amp, just because the cheap shoe-box made me curious - expecting nothing new. At home I could hardly trust my ears, there was so much soundstage, precise and powerfull sound and an exellent stereo image. Compared to my other amps including the Harman Kardon I felt like removing a curtain from the soundstage

cyrus 3

[Sep 19, 2007]
Jo
AudioPhile

Strength:

excellent sound

no remote control

cyrus 3

[Jul 18, 2007]
melissa
AudioPhile

Strength:

Sound
compact

old

Finally, an amazing little amp that produce an amazing sound. I was a bit skeptical about the amp since it's old but after reading all the good stuff about this gem, I went ahead and gave it a try. It doesn't hurt since it cost a fraction to my system.

The sound...It's to good to be true. I tried all the integrated amp in it's price range and nothing even come close. It's produce a very natural and open sound in my system. Music is fast , the bass is tight and involving. I guess this is the british sound characteristic.

I am glad that I give this little amp a try. So if you are looking for an affordable true class amp, give this a try. You will not regret it.

Thanks
Melissa

Golden Tube audio
Jolida
rotel

[Jan 23, 2004]
AH786
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Simple, no frills amp. Reveals alot of detail, clear, powerful(sounds louder and more powerful then most av amps that are rated at 70+wpc), build quality

honestly cannot fault its sound or design.

Beautiful little amp, headhphone jack is at front on my model. Build quality is very good and the amp is quite heavy considering its size. Sound quality is excellent, no added distortion or coloring of the sound. I found bass to be very good on mine, maybe its cus my speakers are close to the wall. overall, I love the sound produced and I cant fault its design.

[Jan 13, 2004]
Harry Kaitis
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Astonishing Transparency and Resolution throughout the frequency Range, 3D Imaging, Speed, Power belies it's 2x25W RMS Rating - One of the best Sounding Amps ever made at ANY Price!

Noisy Input/Recording Selectors and Volume Control (Need to be turned several times back and forth to eliminate noise), No MC Phono Stage

What can i say about this Amp! I bought mine in 1987 and since then i have yet to hear a more transparent amp at any price. Clarity, Speed, Resolution and Imaging are all simply amazing and if you are nutpicking you could say that bass is a bit lightweight (although amazingly fast, controlled and tuneful). Dont forget that this amp is rated at just 2x25W RMS! Overall this is a Classic amp which is still a giant killer after so many years.

Cyrus II, Audiolab 8000A, ONYX OA30, Yamaha DSP-AX1, Krell KSA-250

[Dec 28, 2003]
nickmtl
AudioPhile

Strength:

Sound. Size. Power. Price.

None.

I have owned many Cyrus products and a few other makes. All have been great in their own way but this little Cyrus One stands out because it has the lowest power rating at 25 watts, yet manages one of the best sounds I ever heard. The one I have is one of the last ones produced and it is a 240v unit from England but it works fine with my 110v-230v converter here in Canada. You can buy these relatively cheap nowadays but the sonic rewards would normally merit a much, much higher price tag. My B&W DM602s3 speakers sound incredible with this amp. I couldn't be happier.

Similar Products Used:

Cyrus 2/PSX. Cyrus 3/PSX-R. Audiolab 8000s. Yamaha RX-777. Marantz 2216B. Marantz SR940. Rotel Integrated. Cyrus Power.

[May 11, 2003]
jpnoel
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Very detailed and open sound

problems while driving speakers whith less impedance...

Hello, I've found the electronic schema of the cyrus 1: http://www.gmweb.btinternet.co.uk/others.htm

Denon DCD3300, musical fidelity A1

[May 08, 2003]
joe
Audio Enthusiast

Hello i have a Mission Cyrus One but its dont working anymore. Two Transistors called Cyrus PT7 are not ok. Can somone say me a similar Transistor that i can use? Thanks Jrworp@hotmail.com Ciao

[Oct 31, 2002]
Paul Hayes
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Clarity, build quality (still going after nearly 20 years), detailing.

Needs careful matching due to low power output and lean bass.

This has become the heart of my system and replaced my old Aiwa amp and I have never looked back. The extra detailing is immediately obvious and is the highlight of the amp, and though the bass can sound lean it is very even across the range. Could sound a little bright with the wrong electronics, or too clinical but with the right parts the overall sound is exceptional. There are two main problems I have had: a faulty power switch (twice) and on occasion the right channel fades which I think is a problem with the selector knob. Overall a great second hand buy if you can get one, and would sound better than amps costing much more.