Classe CA-300 Amplifiers

CA-300

300 watts

dirk leistra   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 12, 2012]

hallo beste audio luisteraars ik had hier voor een classe 25 ook een geweldige eind
kwam ook van een vriend van mij en nu van hem de ca 300 wat een versterker gebruik hem samen met een classe cp 60 wadia 23 avalon eidelon ls wat voor muziek ik ook draai zo veel rust en ontzettend veel diepte het laag is heel krachtig alles in balans komt ook door

+combinatie met de kabels en interlinks en de perfekte akkoestiek van mijn jaren 37 woning
het is de rolls onder de versterkers zwaar en degelijk gebouwd

Karl N   AudioPhile [Nov 22, 2009]

I bought mine used from a local dealer who told me it would be the last amp I would ever need. I drive Maggie 1.6s with it and have driven the speakers with 4 different amps. The classe is by far the best. I have compared it to the Bryston 4Bsst (Magnepan uses this amp in thier listening room) and find it to be superior ie not so "dry"
It will drive the Maggies cleanly to very loud levels.I can't think of anything that it dosen't do extremely well.
I have put a better power cord on it and turned the LED arround so it shows green when on and red when in protection mode ( why woudln't Classe have done that?
Only downside is that I can't move it very easily, and I leave it on all the time and the cat likes to sleep on it
It is the last amp I will ever need.

cbb   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 16, 2003]
Strength:

Power out the wazoo. Easy on the ears, transparent. Used it's a real steal! Anyone who needs a better amp than this needs to get out more. A lot more!! This amp is quite good.

Well, it's solid state, but quite good nonetheless.

I think I've found "the last amp I'll ever need"! This thing is terrific. As long as I don't have to lift it, it would require a fork lift! Sound is great, although I'm running it with a CP-50 so it's not surprising that they pair well. I love it, and finally have no reason to consider other amps. Great sound, effortless no matter what I throw at it. Highly recommended. And no, you can't have mine! :)

Similar Products Used: ooh, lots. Silly question, isn't it, for audiophiles?
Bob   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 01, 2002]
Strength:

Tons of power on demand Built like a tank Runs relatively cool Truly supurb sounding

Size-your not going to hide this one in a stereo rack

I bought this amp 2nd hand from the original owner after auditioning several different products. I listen 60% to 2-channel audio and 40% to home theater. The CA-300 powers my pair of Magnepan MG 1.6QR effortlessly at any volume. These Magies are known to be quite power demanding and I can say for certain that this amp can deliver all that is required of it without breaking a sweat. I compared the Classe’ with the Krell KAV-250, B&R Reference amp, Linn, and a few others. My personal opinion was the Krell was to bright and lacked the depth in sound stage that I was looking for. It did have plenty of power but I did not feel it was a good match for the Magies. The B&K just did not have the power on demand and continually would fall apart at high volume. The Linn was a close 2nd to the Classe’. It did a truly superb job bringing out the inner detail from some of my favorite recordings. It had no trouble powering the Magies for 2-channel audio. It did seem to lack the power on demand required for home theater applications which is why I ultimately decided on the Classe’. I have been buying and selling amps for as long as I can remember. For the first time ever I think I can finally say I have found the perfect amp for my Magies. SYSTEM Magnepan MG 1.6QR (front) Magnepan MG 12 (rear) Mirrage OM-C2 (center) Velodyne F-15R (sub) Classe’ CA-300 (front) 1 B&K Reference (rear) 1 B&K Reference (center) Sony 9000ES DVD/SACD Cambridge Audio CD Transport Theta Pro Basic II DAC Sunfire TG (processor)

Bruce   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 27, 2001]
Strength:

JUST A JOY TO LISTEN TO

NOT TO MANY COMPARED TO THE OVERPRICE COMPETITION.

STILL ONE OF THE BEST AMPS IN THE BUSINESS.

Similar Products Used: TO MANY AMPS TO NAME
Tom   [Sep 02, 2000]
Strength:

it is just a very good product.very musical

has some trouble working with other components ground loop hum

for the money it is as good as any of the most them.

Similar Products Used: adcom krell
Paul C   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 11, 2000]
Strength:

Detail, Power, Build Quality

Slight Hum

Purchased Used 6 mos old. 85lbs of Power and Glory. A bit more power than glory. Vice Grip/Arc Welder Bass. Nice clean midrange and enough detail in the highs to almost seem delicate. Not real airy/transparent like a top tube amp, but only noticeable in contrast. Used w DR6 Ref. Could be the DR6.

Also, transformer hums when I turn on light in room w dimmer. Called Classe and they were very helpful diagnosing the problem. Now I keep the light off.

Similar Products Used: Van Alstine
Rodger Owens   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 04, 1999]
Strength:

everything,sound,price!

ground loop hum.

What can you say? I have listened to Krell,ML,AR, and for the money and performance I just can not see how you would by anything else. Powerful, used on Thiel CS 7's and the Eggleston Andra, both very hard to drive. Did so w/o a wimper. SRONGY RECOMMEND!!!

Similar Products Used: Listened to alot but this is my first hi fi amp
Mike C   an Audiophile [Aug 28, 1999]

the ca300 is a must audition,for the price vs performance.If your looking for a SS that will give you the best of both worlds ck this one out.It does everything right,will drive anything,and built to last a lifetime.A good match for the Aerial 10t.I liked the sound better than the Krell FPB300 and BMW N801 for 1/2 the price.

James   Audiophile [Jun 21, 2001]
Strength:

Outstanding soundstage, power, very dynamic.

Slight hum,but was corrected with a Synergistic Master Coupler Power Chord.

I have own the 300 for 4 years and it is as good as it gets in amps under 5 g's. This amp can drive any load that is out there with ease. I have mine on a pair of Dunlavy 4's and it does the best job of any amp tested on them. It reproduces the entire audio range with power and authority. I have put this amp up against all the companies mentioned above, none out performed the Classe 300 in all aspects. It is the best all round performer. It reproduced the best soundstage and never sounded harsh or shrill at any frequency or volume level. It gives outstanding bass and it came very close to Krell in this department. It doesn't sound like many transiter amps and has a sound almost as liquid as many tube amps. If you can find a used one, by all means buy it. You won't be disappointed.

Similar Products Used: I've tried many brands from Aragon, Krell, Chord, Acoustic Research, and Bryston.