Bryston PowerPac 60 Amplifiers

PowerPac 60

60 Watts - Integrated Amp

Chad Gould   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 12, 2000]

Excellent clarity and definition. Small and compact. Great power for a mere 60 watts. 20 year warranty.

Slightly grainy sound. Can be overly revealing - akin more to professional amps than music-fi

Very similar to the Bryston 3B-ST, with a little bit less power and just a shade higher touches of weakness (a little more "grainy" sound IMHO). I'm very pleased with these amps so far. Admittedly, my amplifier experience is limited, but these 60 watt amps sound better and produce more power than the 100 watt amps in my Vantas (which is admittedly much lower fi) or my Event Electronics 20/20bas monitors. Mate very well with my NEAR 15ms which tend to be on the power hungry side, I'd say the 60 watt rating is quite conservative. I have noticed audible distortion on works with great dynamics (e.g. choral work at high volumes), the 120 watt Powerpacs might be more appropriate for such works. Overall a good choice if you are limited in space and need fairly audiophile-quality monoblocks.

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved. and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network: | | | |