B&K Components Reference 3220 Amplifiers

Reference 3220

220 W x 3

Jason Weissman   [Sep 01, 2001]
Strength:

Plenty of power. Enough to drive Martin Logan's. Great Vocals

Burn in time had me thinking twice about this purchase.

Value is great. The biggest problem is that the amp was horrible at first. I left is on for about 100hrs to burn in then it finally came to life.

Similar Products Used: Adcom(absolutely no comparison)
Dale   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 08, 2001]
Strength:

Clarity, power reserve, build quality

none

You can read my re-review of the NAD 925 on this forum, I will tell you the B&K was a replacement for the defective NAD.

The B&K does everything it promises. No nonesense design that does what it's supposed to do, and does it well.
It delivers faithful reproduction of program material over the audio band and with plenty of power reserve for most any speaker load.
I bought a 3 channel amp because I am one of those stragglers still stuck in 5.1 movies and music. Plus, I wanted an amp that would provide excellent 2 channel music listening.
I have a NAD T751 receiver that serves me well as a pre/pro while providing solid power to the rear channels.
My sub in the M&K 750THX speaker system is self-powered.
This amp is the same lineage as the 2, 5, and 6 channel B&K reference series. I don't see how you could go wrong selecting any of these in the under $3000 bracket.

Similar Products Used: NAD 925THX
Ron Hanson   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 01, 2001]
Strength:

Musical and powerfull, 12v control trigger, level adjustments.

none

This is my first seperate amplifier. I am amazed at how effortless these drive my large 3-way speakers. The bass is much tighter than the receivers Ive used in the past. The imaging is outstanding. It performs as advertised and is handsome to boot.

my equipment setup is here:

Similar Products Used: no seperate amps, just receivers Pioneer Elite vsx-24 and Sony 900ES