Atma-sphere M-60 Mk. 3.2 Amplifiers

Atma-sphere M-60 Mk. 3.2 Amplifiers

DESCRIPTION

The M-60 Mk. 3.2 continues that tradition with classic styling and its award-winning state-of-the-art performance. The M-60 gives you the features and precision performance of our larger models in a beautiful, 60-watt package. The amp operates class A and is unconditionally stable with reliability proven over many years. The power tubes are inexpensive, readily available and do not require any matching. Now sporting a classic, open-chassis construction, the M-60 Mk. 3.2 sets the bar for hi-end amplifier performance.

USER REVIEWS

[Nov 02, 2018]
Ocean

Strength:

These are truly exceptional amplifiers! I’ve been an audiophile for 20 years or so. The purchase of these amplifiers was a real revelation for me! It’s almost like getting a new level of consciousness. These are definitively my last amplifiers (unless Atma Sphere comes out tomorrow with M-60 MK4 :-) Every audiophile shall consider testing these amplifiers before acquiring any other amplification! I’m using M-60 MK3 with Quad ESL 2912 speakers and EAR Yoshino DAC4. M-60 MK3 give to my Quad ESL 2912 all they need. There’s no need for greater power. Speakers play extraordinarily well. I am stunned by the richness of details, beauty of voices and deepness of the bass! Yes, deepness of the bass on electrostatic speakers! It’s the very first time that I hear my speakers going down to 30hz. After various solid state and tubes amplifiers (including all Quads, several Jadis and McIntosh etc) M60 amplification is a huge improvement in my system ! My overall impression is: everything sounds MUCH more realistic, there are MUCH more details, there’s no coloration of any kind, voices are so natural, every single sound can be perceived. You can actually mentally concentrate your attention on each instrument or just listen the whole scene in an organic way. In a sense, you can ”see” music both in microscopic details and as a whole picture at the same time. So, the first impression on listening OTL amplifiers is surprising. The sound is different compared to "classic" tube amplifiers, but it is also different compared to solid-state amplifiers. You may need a few minutes to adapt your ears to this new level of perception. M-60 MK 3 reunite the richness of details carracterristic for solid state amplification, and musicality characteristic for tube sound. I have not yet tried tube rolling, I do not have expensive cables, not even power conditioner or zero autoformers. So there’s a lot of place for further improvements, but even without all those tweaks, already I can say that I’m lucky to have such an extraordinary system in my home today. Atma Sphere M-60 are absolutely marvelous amplifiers and perfect match to Quad ESL. I have found my audiophile Nirvana !

So far, I have not been able to identify any weakness.

Price Paid: