Arcam 1 Amplifiers

integrated amplifier

USER REVIEWS

[Sep 10, 2020]
emad345

Strength:

very great post

very great post.

[Sep 10, 2020]
emad345

[Sep 02, 2020]
Sammy Jankis

Strength:

Click here to know about what I adored with this player and for a more detailed review.

The treble was nothing special and the chassis, just like any other Arcam product, isn't the best one out there.

[Jul 03, 2020]
CherylCoop

Strength:

Check this google and get everything you need.

thanks fpr sjare tje detao;s/

New
Model Year:
1996
[Jun 28, 2020]
GeorgeMathis

Strength:

They are one of the best jazz players. These three are together called as jazz trio I have seen their performances through freshessays review . These three have conquered the music industry with their beautiful play of jazz’s.

Amazing thing to buy it.

Price Paid:
2000
Model Year:
1990
[May 11, 2020]
jeff89

Strength:

great bass, clean sound, good soundstaging, good overall amp.

[Jul 19, 2000]
Peter
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Sound, Simplicity, Low-level listening

Control Feel and lack of features makes it seem rather pricey

I like this little baby a lot. It was my first purchase in the separates arena; I had an old HK, then a Marantz receiver. I wanted to know if separates were better, and indeed they are. I was looking at NAD, AMC, and Cambridge Audio for an entry level musically designed integrated amp. NAD for me is great, but a little shrill and thin sounding at times. I prefer my music a little softer like the Marantz and HK. Therefore the Arcam Alpha seemed like a good choice. It has a very airy sound to it and respectable amounts of base in the nether regions, but your're speakers gotta be able to pick it up. Also you can really here tremendous detail without hurting your ears. The 35 watts seems to belly its actual power; I had a pair of Paradigm 5Se Mk III's on it for a party and it rocked pretty good. This product is perfect for someone seriously into 2 channel music on a budget. Its also nice at regular listening levels, something you don't get with receivers, and where most of my listening is done (ie under 1/4 turn).

Similar Products Used:

Marantz, HK, Kenwood

[Mar 12, 1999]
jose

arcam 1 stereo integrated ampliifier

[May 31, 1999]
Antonio Matos Rodrigues
an Audio Enthusiast

I needed to replace my old Sanyo receiver for some new bugdet ou higher material. Having bought medium class CD Player and tuner I started to test two NAD (C320, C340) amplifiers with rather poor satisfaction. With a couple of euros more I listened to the Alfa One witch seemed to me a more mature amplifier than NAD. I like it listining to orchestra, Jazz, piano,...I can feel and distinguish (separate) the instruments again, the sound is coloured and it puts me inside the orchestra. The bass is complete, the treble isn't agressive.
I recommend it.
Antonio

[Sep 24, 1999]
Dave
an Audio Enthusiast

Audiophile, c'mon, I just like good music. An audiophile is someone that has disposeable income to spend 20,000 on a amp that sounds slightly better then a 2,000 one. As far as the project goes spend a little more for the ortofon super om 10 and for only $80 you'll hear a big difference. Needle doctor is a good place to call, they really know their stuff, and best of all, I only live 10 miles from them. And no, I have no affiliation with them.