Technics SA DX750 A/V Receivers

SA DX750

The SA-DX750 can pump 100 Watts of sound to 5 independent channels to produce awesome surround sound. The built-in Dolby Digital decoder will position sounds in the speakers to reproduce life like three dimensional sound.

Justin   AudioPhile [Mar 02, 2015]

I don't really care what people say its worth or how it sounds I still am using my amp since I've had it from 2000 I'm also using a pair of technics SB-T100s tower speakers I still have to say it works better then most home theater systems but anyways to much talking later .

Deb   AudioPhile [Jul 01, 2010]

We have had our SA-DX750 for so many years now I really can't remember how old it is, back when HDMI was first coming out so there is only one connection. But this thing is still playing strong on the original speakers that came with it. I love it and it has never had an issue. Would recommend it to anyone

Farhan   Casual Listener [Nov 25, 2002]
Strength:

Great Value Nothing competes at the price Panasonic made Good distrubution of power 500watts DD 5.1 is good for me for $50US!

None as of yet Waiting for next boxing day for new speakers/subwoofers

Great no problems so far and works great great buy for $79 CANADIAN FUNDS MIND YOU ($50US)

Similar Products Used: really crappy ones
mark3000   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 17, 2002]

cheap components

Not Good! went OVERLOAD and never woke up after that. sorry to say that but I had a really bad experience. The quality must be poor. Used with 2 S310 JBL, PB10 JBL, 2 ND310 JBL.

HOOPY HAZARD   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 14, 2002]
Strength:

GOOD SOUND

NO DTS

DOES NOT HAVE DTS, I DONT KNOW WHAT OTHERS ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! THIS AMP DOES NOT SUPPORT DTS. HOWEVER, IT SUPPORTS DOLBY 5.1

Similar Products Used: SA-DX730
Ajani   AudioPhile [Feb 21, 2002]
Strength:

Price, Features, Sound Quality, # of inputs, Simple yet attractive design, and did I mention Price?

For the price - absolutely none that I''ve encountered.

This post is both a response to the post below by Jeff and a follow up to my intial post on this Receiver several months ago. IN RESPONSE TO JEFF: There''s no need to worry about future warranty problems! Even though Panasonic has "dropped" the Technics line, they haven''t really "dropped" the Technics line. Panasonic continues to produce Receivers etc... only they now use the name Panasonic on them rather than Technics. In fact if you check out the Panasonic SA HE7 Dolby Digital Receiver you''ll realise that it is the exact same Receiver as the Technics SA-DX750. So future warranty is not an issue to worry about! AS A FOLLOW UP TO MY INITIAL POST: Having had this Receiver for almost a year now, I must say that I am just as impressed with it as when I first bought it. It is still, in my opinion, an excellent value for the money.

Jeff   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 21, 2002]
Strength:

Price, DTS Decoder, 100w per 5 channels, and very easy setup

Possible future warranty service due to Technis being dropped from Panasonic.

Wow what a nice receiver. I was using a Pioneer ProLogic system prior to the Technics and I am really impressed with the improvement in sound quality. I am currently using it with sony floor standing fronts, BIC Center, Jensen Js1000 Sub(Don''t laugh, this thing sounds better than the Velodyne it replaced), and JBL 500 surrounds. Consumer reports gives this receiver a top rating and Panasonic is cancelling its Technics line so get one of these while you can. For the price you won''t find anything close to this.

Similar Products Used: Pioneer Receiver.
littlerichard18   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 11, 2002]
Strength:

everything about it.

none

bad ass receiver for the money. I looked for about 3 months prior for a reciever and this is waht i found. Its awsome all around. I pickied it over a sherwood at circuit city.

Similar Products Used: sony SUCKS!!! sherwood and aiwa
Jerry Baker   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 11, 2001]

The SA-DX750 is a A/V receiver with built in Dolby Digital/DTS decoder, digital tuner, sound field control that includes simulated surround sound. This receiver has independent sub-woofer controls, and a 10 key direct access remote is included. Not bad for the price. It's not a Onkyo THX but it'll do.

Mauricio Tapia   Audiophile [Nov 23, 2001]
Strength:

Excelent power, very easy to use, it has a graeat looks, elegant a simple desing. Two digital outs, the remote is very complete, you can set subwoofer levels, sound menus, etc.

No A/B speaker, suport only one pair of speakers, runs too hot

One to ten..... I give an eight.