Technics SA-AX710 A/V Receivers

jackyj

dont have any

[May 29, 2020]
JaneDoxie

Strength:

Always worked great!

None I can think of

Purchased:
New
[Nov 12, 2017]
David Andrews
Audio Enthusiast

I've had this receiver nearly 20 years and would not trade it for the world. I've used this receiver to DJ a wedding and at 100 PER channel X 5 plus my 100 watt powered sub. My God this thing just kicks. I have some rather big yamaha towers and 2 Onkyo rear channels along with 100 watt powered sub and a sweet Klipsch center. The Receiver has never missed a beat . I definitely have gotten my money's worth and then some. Time to rock out!

[May 31, 2016]
Vitaly

Hi guys!
My technics as gx710 stops working and I want to buy another bad TECHNICS sa gx710 for parts.
If u have it ,my email mvz5653@hotmail.com

[Jul 24, 2013]
Rich
Casual Listener

Have been using the unit for many years without problem. However, it now won't power up. Any similar experiences? How to fix?

[Sep 17, 2010]
WILLLIAM
Audio Enthusiast

Im VERY HAPPY BUT MY NAEIGHBORS are not ive had the cops at my house for just watching a movie my closes naeighbors 500 feet yes im very happy with it im not saying to turn it up ok yes im my technicsSA-AX710 IT ROCKS MY HOUSE AND ITS GREAT FOR WHEN YOUR GIRLS MAD CAUSE I CANT HEAR HER WHEN ITS HALF WAY UP IT MAKS IT LOOK LIKE SHE SINGING INSTEAD OF YELLING

[Jul 23, 2004]
JME476
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Loudness Control, good sound, two 120 volt switched outlets on the back, 6 channel discrete imputs, phono input, multiple AV inputs.

None that I've encountered in five years.

Okay, I had to put in a postive note for this receiver. Though I do not own the AX710, I own it's little brother, the AX610. I believe that all that is different is the remote control. One is universal, one is not. I must say I have not one bad thing to say about this receiver. It's been reliable, powerful, and sounds as good as it ever did. I bought this receiver based on my previous experience with Panasonic/Technics products. I purchased this to replace my first surround receiver, the Technics SA-GX550 that I had purchased four years. (I dropped on its face, so needless to say it was toast). Everything about the 610 (710) was better! The power output is powerful, the bass is phenominal (gotta love that loudness switch, and my receiver has none of that noise the other reviewers were talking about in Dolby Surround mode. And yes, I admit the fact this receiver doesn't have digital decoder is annoying, but I solved that problem by buying a DVD player with decorders built in. After six years of moderate use, this baby keeps on churning out good sounds whether it be in 2 channel or multi channel. I'm not one for the extra sound field settings, but they work well. Yes, the receiver does run warm, but after owning two other Technics receivers, I just assumed that they do run warm. It never is too hot to touch, and the fan kicks on at higher volumes. The unit has never overloaded, even when I was using it at a small party. The remote control is a joke however. It is nice laid out, but is a pain to use. I'd just like to try to find a good workhorse like this TODAY for this price. I hope it never dies.

Similar Products Used:

Technics SA-GX550, Technics SA-EX140 (sucks), and the Technics SA-190.

[Jul 22, 2003]
Shane Khan
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

With the write spekers it sound magic

Can get a bit to hot for my likeing at times

I've not had the amp for long but i found it to be one of the best around but had a DIGITAL SOUND PROCESSER & the amp turns in tosomething very specal inded

[Dec 06, 2002]
david smith
Audio Enthusiast

i was just curious if anyone had over come thie hissing problem from the sa-ax710. i've had the reciver for some time now, and never had the 5 channels hooked up. recently, i hooked them up and got very hissy sound and a weak signal from the rears.

[Jan 14, 2000]
Tom Esmanech
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Quality-Price (Value for Money)

n/a

I bought this product more then a year ago and I find it excelent. I am not an expert, however I got a lot of info from the web before buying the AX710.
The AX710 meets almost all the requirments for a good reciver. It is powerful enough.
I still have to try it with a DVD, I will update you after I have done that.
Tom