Technics SA-1000 A/V Receivers

330 Watt-Per-Channel Receiver

USER REVIEWS

[Oct 25, 2022]
stussy

Strength:

You can trust our professional staff to use safe and efficient cleaning methods. visit our website

none so far

Purchased:
New
[Oct 24, 2022]
yammy man

Strength:

I gave 5 stars to get your attention. I can't give a review because I don't own the Technics SA-1000, but I must vent about what happened at an estate sale in Ventnor, NJ Memorial Day weekend 2022 . I arrived early but there were three people waiting ahead of me, a guy who looked to be in his mid fifties and a young couple. I asked when they got there and the first guy said only a couple of minutes before me. When the door was opened to start the sale the couple hurried upstairs, looking for bedroom furniture I guessed, and the guy went straight for a table with some crappy vintage and newer electronics. Under the table was an SA-1000 ORIGINAL BOX (the one with 330 watts) but the guy had his hand on it before I could get to it. The corners of the box showed some wear but I could tell the box was NEVER opened (large staples intact no damage to cardboard around them). I waited to see if he would walk away (please, please leave it) but he slid the box out with some difficulty per the weight of 90 lbs. and I could see the price sticker, "$200 never used", that's right 200.00 NEW IN THE BOX. How does a person spend all that money on something and never even look at it for 45 years. Anyway the seller was not a professional, a younger relative I assumed who must have thought nobody wants this old heavy 2 channel stuff with wires, and didn't do all of his homework. The guy paid for the unit and didn't even open it up or stay to look at anything else. I followed him out and told him I'd give him a thousand dollars to open the box and sell me the stereo. All he said was "No way". I pressed and asked what he would take for it and he told me to "Beat It" That is my sad, sad story. Why didn't I get out of the house sooner.

My 72 year old body. I lost the find of a zillion lifetimes by a few minutes. Still looking for a receiver from the "stereo wars" era at a good price but I know this was the one in a billion, billion, and I was there to see it.

Price Paid:
1978
[Jun 15, 1999]
andy
an Audio Enthusiast

I at one time owned this monster receiver from the late 70's. Yes, this receiver was made during the "Power-War" years and I just happen to love the receivers from this time period.I happen to be a fan of music more than home theatre.
This receiver had a power rating of 330-watts-per-channel and it gave you a feeling of having an effortless amount of power.
It was a very good looking receiver too. Very heavily built (to last a lifetime)
and had the wood side panels.
I sold it a few months ago (over doubled what I paid for it) and I now feel empty. I am currently looking for another receiver from this time period.
Long live the "Power War" receivers!!!