Pioneer VSX-D912 A/V Receivers

VSX-D912

• 110 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.2% THD — or 110 watts x 6 in surround mode
  • Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, and Pro Logic II decoding
  • DTS Neo:6 modes
  • learning/multibrand 1-way LCD remote
  • Multichannel Acoustic Calibration system (microphone included)
  • 6.1 Expanded Theater mode
  • 7 DSP modes (6-channel stereo, Music, Movie, TV, Sports, Game, Headphone)
  • Midnight Listening mode
  • 96kHz/24-bit DACs
  • 7.1-channel preamp input
  • 6.1-channel preamp output
  • component video switching: 2 in, 1 out (28MHz bandwidth)
  • digital inputs: 3 optical (including 1 front-panel), 2 coaxial
  • optical digital output
  • 3 audio and 4 A/V (including 4 S-video and 1 front-panel) inputs
  • no phono input
  • 30 AM/FM presets
  • 16-9/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 16-5/16"D

gsaunders   AudioPhile [Sep 04, 2007]
Strength:

superb sound sounds as good as the elite models but no were near the cost

actually none but could use more inputs hdmi would be nice

first off the msrp posted here is wrong its was actually 475.00.anyways i have had this pioneer for a long time and before buying it i listened to a ton of receivers at the end of the day i half to say this pioneer is superb the sound is amazing,my words were this is only 300.00 dollars,i mean yamaha denon onkyo all the top brands all have superb receivers that i listened to even some pioneer elites but this pioneer vsx d 912 sounded just as good if not better than a few that i heard crazy.i was thinking on getting a denon cause lots of familly and freinds have one and they are nice and sound superb but they paid 2,000.000 + for them actually my cuz has the denon 3806 wow its nice to be sure but other than a few extra things the sound is about the same even at high volumes my cuz even thinks my pioneer sounds more detailed myself i think the pioneer seems more open but thats picky to me there perty dead on .

Similar Products Used: denon yamaha pioneer onkyo nad jvc sunfire
nuts4ster   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 24, 2003]
Strength:

Great value. Front jacks. Controls hidden behind a door (clean looking). MCACC. DTS-ES. NEO. Pro-Logic II. 96/24 DAC. Plenty of inputs and outputs. 110W x 6.

No back lit remote. No on screen display.

I was looking at a Harmon Kardon 225 or this unit and I'm glad I purchased the Pioneer. MAN! For the price I paid I got an awesome receiver. This unit replaced a Denon AVR90. MCACC is great - totally blows away the HK setup! Very easy to use to setup your ht speaker levels. 110W x 6! Everyone always gripes about the remotes, but I found this one to be great. Does everything I want it to do, and some! It's a learning remote, too. Plenty of inputs. No problems with unit running hot or anything like that. I am pleased with the FM reception. And it does a great job with music replication, although I prefer it's theater sound (which is what I mainly use it for). Once again, great receiver for the money. And I hope this little review helps. BTW, I'm using Wharfedale MFM-7's for my fronts, Wharfedale EM-95's rears, 10" Dahlquist sub, Wharfedale Valdus center, all wired with Tributary speaker wire, and Monster Powerbar 2100 conditioner.

Similar Products Used: Denon, older Pioneer, HK, Yamaha.
tdiddy   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 26, 2003]
Strength:

Auto Setup feature with supplied mic, good power, ability to drive 7.1 setups.

Mediocre Remote Control, lack of onscreen menu/display, confusing surround settings.

An excellent receiver for that should win best value awards. Good power and clarity, excellent auto setup feature worth the price of admission in itself.