Onkyo TX-SV343 A/V Receivers

TX-SV343

Will Crump   AudioPhile [Nov 20, 2014]

I purchased this receiver at a local Goodwill store for $12.99. It works like a champ! The sound is crisp and clean. The bass is tight and solid.

I have a 10-band-per-channel EQ connected to the tape monitor. The only complaint I have is that I can't listen to the tuner or DVD player through the equalizer like I could with my old Technics. Technics allows you to run the equalizer through the tape monitor and hear everything as though all components were being ran through the equalizer. On this unit, the tape monitor is like a separate function that doesn't allow you to hear the turntable, etc. equalizer compensated. (I hope my explanation makes sense.)

That being said, for $13 I sure got my money's worth and then some.

eddy1   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 11, 2003]
Strength:

Clear non distortion sound

Expensive if you buy it new , expensive accessories.

Dear Sirs, Onky name stands for one of the best in the world, I cant tell that there`s not going to be one defective, you know, one bad experience cant never be generalized as something bad. I have Onkyo TXSV323 , and a 373 and a 535. Its just another world in sound, having it properly set up with the right connectors and cables and well installed speakers from Onkyo it delivers pure sound without distortion. Its very easy to make a mistake or not hooking it up correctly can become in bad sound. But my best respect to Onkyo, its juest the best. Some times I go out and test other equipments or have the chance to help other friends to install big sound home systems here in Mexico and Onkyo makes its way apart from others.

Similar Products Used: Harman Kardon, Pioneer, Nakamichi.
Dhruv Jain   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 14, 2002]

Nil

I am very much satisfied with the sound quality. Its an excellent product.

Scot Gossage   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 11, 1999]
Strength:

Decent price.

Unreliable.

What a piece of junk! Shortly after the one year warranty ran out, this thing started acting up. Sometimes my Hi-Fi VCR cannot be heard when the video source is selected, but CAN be heard when the CD is selected! (No it's not hooked up wrong)...Also, I have had a problem with the AM tuner playing two stations at once...no matter what station was selected, it played my selected station along with another station! It's just been one thing after another. The Onkyo CD player I purchased along with the receiver is also a piece of junk!...Needless to say I have purchased my first and last pieces of Onkyo equipment. If you decide to purchase this item, get the extended warranty, and be prepared to use it!

Similar Products Used: Pioneer,Sony,Yamaha.
Joe   Casual Listener [Jan 15, 2002]
Strength:

Great sound at a good price

None

Great sound and made so much better than any Sony or Pioneer I have owned. I would definately recomend it to my friends.

Similar Products Used: Pioneer
jay haamen   an Audio Enthusiast [Apr 01, 1999]

great reciver. For a pro-logic reciver you get exceptional surround sound. The sound quality is amazing. Also onkyo uses single circutriy, which is awesome.

Jim   a Casual Listener [May 04, 1999]

HH Gregg was offering this receiver for $100 with a TV (32" or larger) purchase. I couldn't pass up the deal.Quality wise, it's OK. No defects. The sound is weak at high volumes, but for casual listening at moderate levels in both Dolby Pro logic and stereo acceptable.
It is not a Yamaha 995 or Nak AV-10, but for $100 it's a bargain.

3 stars sound
5 stars value

Andrew   an Audio Enthusiast [Aug 18, 1999]

I Picked up the TX-SV343 from eBay second-hand for $78. It is a very good amp with a great tuner and good power for bookshelf sized speakers. Although I haven't been able to properly test it yet, waiting for a few other components come in...

Terry   a Casual Listener [Oct 02, 1999]

I bought this receiver as a shelf model for just over $120 and have been very pleased with it so far. It is very clean at all volumes and has all the features I was looking for. I'm also very impressed with the solid constuction and attention to detail on this and all other Onkyo products. Considering the price, a solid 5.