Onkyo Integra DTR-9.1 A/V Receivers

Integra DTR-9.1

7.1 Channel THX Surround EX Receiver

Bondo   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 02, 2016]

I have to agree. It's an outstanding receiver. The mid ranges are elevated, but with low distortion.

Steve King   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 12, 2012]

Fantastic receiver. Use as my garage, patio unit powering Def. Techs inside and Klipsch outside and it has no problems handling the loads. Great sound, plenty of power, built like a tank and a fantastic value for a non HDMI unit. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a secondary, non HDMI unit!

karister99   AudioPhile [Dec 18, 2010]

The Integra DTR-9.1 is a beast of a ht-receiver. This unit is a very high quality ht-receiver with lots of solid and clean power handle pretty much anything you throw at them. This is a very well built heavy unit, and I'm pairing it with the DPS-9.1 DVD player and they're a match made in haven:). I sure love this unit and this ones a keeper and I don't do HDMI switching through the receiver anyways so I don't have the need foe any kinda upgrade any time soon. I like the way it does two channel dedicated stereo, the sound is warm and very detailed and throws out a room filling huge sound-stage. I have not see too many of them go on the used market, guess the folks like us who are lucky enough to have them don't wanna let them go ha! If you ever sees them in the used market at a decent asking price jump on it, I'm sure you will really enjoy this receiver and what it brings to the table.

GoldenEaR   AudioPhile [May 01, 2002]
Strength:

Great 2chl stereo, Eazy set up. 2nd zone video and audio out! Upgradeable via rs232. Last but not least, Integra company warranty 3yrs!

Remote, buy the pronto. Extra heavy amp 49lbs!

After Setting this amp up. I found that the Integra With 2chl direct mode, and Re-EQ turned Off. Sounds Great, in stereo. I am using a DPS 9.1 as a transport, With the Video power supply turned off.Kimber DV60 for digital, and silver Streaks for analog. Stiching between them. Speakers are Monitor Audio GR60s. With 8VS for wire. The Sound Stage was High and in the middle(The way i like it)not Right inbetween the speakers and low like the Denon. The Integra''s clear uncolored sound of the amp came through. Janet Jackson and David Sandbon sounded like they were in my home. David''s Horn sounded so life like. No "dsp" sound. That clear "Air" sound stage was very Captivating. Not like the Denon 5800. My main reason that I bought this pice, was because it is Upgradeable. I have the Ultra 2 version. This is perfect for anyone that is looking for a great theater surround sound amp. With a great 2chl sound stage.As for John look at his weaknesses. For someone to bash a pice of equiment like that has no idea what he is talking about. B&K ref30, Go buy that China''s Finest online for 900 bucks and find a new hobbie.