NAD T753 A/V Receivers

NAD T753 A/V Receivers 

DESCRIPTION

• Speaker A + B switching (Speakers B stereo only)
  • Multi-Source 2nd zone audio pre-out with independent source and volume
  • ZR-2 Second Zone Remote included, discrete codes for independent zone
  • IEC Detachable Power Cable
  • 2 x IR Outputs, IR Input
  • 2 x 12V Trigger Outputs, 12V Trigger Input

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-7 of 7  
[Apr 13, 2013]
Vlad
AudioPhile

NAD T 753 receiver:

Pros: Simple/Easy to Use
Great Sound, not too far behind Arcam AVR250 in my opinion

Cons: Cheap internal hardware/parts
Noisy internal fans at lower listening volumes
Unit fails sometimes right after 6-8 month of use being purchased NEW
Powers on, no sound from speakers and subwoofer issues are known
Has to be reset to factory default. Works for short term and shuts off for good later

Great Sounding British Unit but NOT reliable at all!!!

Final Verdict: Great receiver/Great slightly on a warm side sound ... but it has a VERY high failure rate. By the time all repairs are done, doesn't worth the money. Stay with Rotel or Marantz instead. I love Alcam products ....but Arcam AVR250/300/350 fail too - major problem is power supply to DSP board. Please google it and confirm for yourself. I hope my review helps a bit. Good Luck!

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Apr 30, 2012]
Adrian
AudioPhile

I LOVE MY T753 NAD. I remember when i first got my unit in 2006. I previously had a Yamaha and i sold it, i wanted something more seriously and it took me a long, long time to discover a NAD unit until one day i went into a audio store, they had this unit and i fell in love with it. The interesting thing about my story is that my unit had the humming sound when i had the volume to 0db. Took it back to the shop right away so i didn't get a chance to play with it. They sent out for repair(took about two weeks) mean while they lend me a Pioneer Elite, took it home and didn't like it at all, it had no life. Took home a Denon and the sound was too damm dull. My Yamaha i realized that it was LOUD, yet irritating to my ears after a while of listening to music, it was perfect for home theater, but with the NAD i discovered that there was a HUGE difference between loudness and quality sound. After listening to all these units and experiencing with each of them, when i got my NAD back, i was blown away by the high quality sound difference, dynamic, open, crystal clear warm sound. What blows me away is that i got my receiver for $750 out the door back then! For that price, i could not be any happier. My unit is still up and running, and rocking strong. I would never buy anything else than NAD. Sometimes you will go thru repairs but it is worth it. There are very few receivers that come CLOSE to NAD, and the ones that do they cost a TON! Sound wise alone, this T753, from what i have played at Best Buy's Magnolia Home Theater, it still blows them away a lot of those really expensive shiny looking yamaha and denon receivers. The T753 is only rated at 70 Watts per channel. I can imagine what a 100 Watt NAD sounds like. Amazing!

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Feb 16, 2010]
Justin
AudioPhile

This review is for the NAD T754. I have a 751 and a 752 also as well as a Marantz SR7002. The t754 sounds better than them all. I bought it to replace a quirky T752. The TT754 sounded harsh when I first connected it(like an Onyko). After leaving it on overnight it took on the typical NAD sound(punchy and laid back). I never had a receiver experience break in but this one did. No fan noise. In a world with HDMI(HDCP) it might not make sense to go with an older unit like this. However , I run all video directly to the monitor so I can adjust the picture for individual inputs( Instead of a happy medium for all sources when using the receiver for a switcher). If audio matters most Nad generally offers the most bang for the buck.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Aug 12, 2008]
Terran
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Excellent sound, 5.1 input/output, good remote control.

Weakness:

Fan noise.

I purchased this NAD T-753 to replace my dolby Digital Ready Carver receiver. The first thing I notice is the heavy weight of the NAD T-753. The NAD just simply blows away my old Carver receiver. The Carver is good but the NAD sounds much fuller and more punchy. The NAD has very good stereo image and it is a powerful machine. Next, I compare this NAD with my Arcam integrated amp Delta 290. It takes me a few days to decide the Arcam is slightly better. The Arcam sound is crystal clear while the NAD has a nice warm sound. Although the Arcam sounds better, I still like the NAD warm sound. This NAD T-753 is a amazing because it can challenge a good Arcam integrated amp at the same price.
I like 5.1 input/output capability of this receiver. I can use it with a separate power amp for the front speakers and the NAD drives the rest of my speaker system. Now I can get ARCAM sound in stereo mode as I switch the ARCAM to power amp mode.

Similar Products Used:

Carver, Arcam, Adcom, Harman Kardon.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Sep 13, 2006]
Steve Monska
AudioPhile

Strength:

2 ch. sound unequalled for sub $1k HT receivers
More (programmable) connections than a switchboard!
Latest HT tech in a musical sounding unit
Build quality and heft

Weakness:

My last 2 NAD HT receivers both were quirky, but this one isn't.
Use of preamp outs disables receivers speakers, no biamping :-(

I bought this unit as a refurb for $649 but it looks brand new to me, I can't find any evidence of previous use. This unit replaced a NAD T751, which replaced a failed NAD T760. I also have a custom KT88 tube amp for my front mains, with PSB image speakers.
As far as home theater receivers go, this NAD has better 2ch music performance than most any competitors (yamaha, onkyo). while the older NAD HTRs had issues and were a little quirky, the 753's operation seems as solid as any japanese products. The enhanced stereo modes are also less heavy handed and fake sounding than the competition, and really help fill the house with sound with 5.1 stereo.
Versatility is a very strong point of this unit All of the inputs are programmable as to where its video and audio come from, and all channels gain can be adjusted independantly +/-12dB. There is almost nothing that isn't manually adjustable on this unit to get it to fit your set up.
The only disapointment I had was connecting my tube amp to the front preamp outs requires removing a coupler, disabling the receivers front 2 channels. You could use a splitter and feed back into the amp preamp ins but then loading/gain issues come into play...
As far a HT goes, the 753 is much better than the 751, with better DTS/Dolby implementation and more punch. The build quality is also very nice on this unit. This thing weighs 46lbs and sounds like it! I recommend this to anyone on the fence about a dedicated music system but only enough money for one HT/music system, like me.

Similar Products Used:

Cambridge audio 540R, yamaha HTR-5250, older onkyo, NAD T751 & T760

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Sep 13, 2006]
Steve Monska
AudioPhile

Strength:

2 ch. sound unequalled for sub $1k HT receivers
More (programmable) connections than a switchboard!
Latest HT tech in a musical sounding unit
Build quality and heft

Weakness:

My last 2 NAD HT receivers both were quirky, but this one isn't.
Use of preamp outs disables receivers speakers, no biamping :-(

I bought this unit as a refurb for $649 but it looks brand new to me, I can't find any evidence of previous use. This unit replaced a NAD T751, which replaced a failed NAD T760. I also have a custom KT88 tube amp for my front mains, with PSB image speakers.
As far as home theater receivers go, this NAD has better 2ch music performance than most any competitors (yamaha, onkyo). while the older NAD HTRs had issues and were a little quirky, the 753's operation seems as solid as any japanese products. The enhanced stereo modes are also less heavy handed and fake sounding than the competition, and really help fill the house with sound with 5.1 stereo.
Versatility is a very strong point of this unit All of the inputs are programmable as to where its video and audio come from, and all channels gain can be adjusted independantly +/-12dB. There is almost nothing that isn't manually adjustable on this unit to get it to fit your set up.
The only disapointment I had was connecting my tube amp to the front preamp outs requires removing a coupler, disabling the receivers front 2 channels. You could use a splitter and feed back into the amp preamp ins but then loading/gain issues come into play...
As far a HT goes, the 753 is much better than the 751, with better DTS/Dolby implementation and more punch. The build quality is also very nice on this unit. This thing weighs 46lbs and sounds like it! I recommend this to anyone on the fence about a dedicated music system but only enough money for one HT/music system, like me.

Similar Products Used:

Cambridge audio 540R, yamaha HTR-5250, older onkyo, NAD T751 & T760

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Feb 19, 2005]
aharri1
AudioPhile

Strength:

Very powerful for 70x6 watts per channel. Channel separation and stereo bypass drive are clean and rigid. Very nice array of video inputs with monitor switching.

Weakness:

Locks up sometimes and needs to be reset. Not much to complain about all around.

2 Component Video In Mon out. 6 Assignable Digital Inputs 4 Coax, 2 Optical. Very superb sound. Clean and powerful. I reccomend this to anyone in the 800 to 1200 dollar price range of receivers.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-7 of 7  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

audioreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com