Marantz SR4001 A/V Receivers

SR4001

Tim tapa   AudioPhile [Jan 09, 2013]

I Paid 22O0 for this amazing receiver new from magnolia..best ive ever had

gsessing   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 05, 2007]
Strength:

SOUND, AND A VERY SMART REMOTE THAT RUNS 4 THINGS

Don't try to figure out display till you've set it up.

I replaced an Onkyo TX-SR504 with this receiver. I bought my Monitor Audio Bronze B4 speakers after listening to them on a Marantz SR4320 Stereo receiver. The speakers sounded flat on my Onkyo TX-SR504, so I sent it back to Amazon. I bought the Marantz SR4001 because I want A/V capability. My speakers sound at least as good as they did at the store on the SR4320. The SR4001 is very good for $500.

The other AMAZING thing is the REMOTE! I'm ONLY using IT now for the receiver (obviously), cable box, TV, and the DVD player! None of the other 3 remotes could run everything. The Marantz remote has a "LEARN" feature that allows it to be programmed from the other remotes. It takes a little while, but it's well worth it to only have to use ONE remote. It probably took 30-45 minutes for it to learn the other remotes essential features. It's ALSO back lit which makes it great at night which is when most of us watch TV anyway.

Similar Products Used: Onkyo TX-SR504
Greg Sessing   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 02, 2007]
Strength:

Sound and the amazing remote.

Don't try to figure out display until you set it up. It will be more like you set it up.

I replaced an Onkyo TX-SR504 with this receiver. I bought my Monitor Audio Bronze B4 speakers after listening to them on a Marantz SR4320 Stereo receiver. The speakers sounded flat on my Onkyo TX-SR504, so I sent it back to Amazon today. I bought the Marantz SR4001 because I want A/V capability. My speakers sound at least as good as they did at the store on the SR4320. The SR4001 is very good for $500.

The other AMAZING thing is the REMOTE! I'm ONLY using IT now for the receiver (obviously), cable box, TV, and the DVD player! None of the other 3 remotes could run everything. The Marantz remote has a "Learning" feature that allows it to learn from the other remotes. It takes a little while, but it's well worth it to only have to use ONE remote. It probably took maybe 30-45 minutes for it to learn the other remotes essential features. It's ALSO back lit which makes it great at night which is when most of us watch TV anyway. The remote ALSO has tone control, which the Onkyo didn't. That was a letdown also.