Harman Kardon AVR 230 7.1 Channels Receiver A/V Receivers

AVR 230 7.1 Channels Receiver

The AVR 230 brings action movies thundering to life, and accepts virtually any source material. It has a six-channel, high-current amplifier and Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding, along with Logic 7®, Dolby Pro Logic® II and DTS Neo:6.® An EzSet remote and on-screen menus simplify installation. The combination of a seven-channel audio architecture with preamp outputs enables instant upgrade to 7.1 with the addition of an external amplifier.

Eric Smith   AudioPhile [Mar 18, 2010]

This thing is serious!!!!!!The capabilties seem endless.I've owned my AVR230 for 6 years now and have yet to meet anyone I know who has a stereo like mine.POWER,FLEXABILITY,LOOKS and most importantly low signal to noise ratio.Play a cd at high volume and in between tracks you hear nothing.It's 7 channels are so discreet that horror movies are truly scary.I'm using a outboard amp to power my sub(s!!!)2)and another AV Receiver to run my surround backs.I have high efficiency fronts CERWIN-VEGA RE-30's and matching 6"2way surrounds,JBL10"subs(2).The AVR230 is a BEAST.It also has memory for every speaker setting for each sourse.Get it set for movies,radio,cds and forgetaboutit.

OVERALL