Denon AVR-1801 A/V Receivers

AVR-1801

Michel Falardeau   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 03, 2015]

Can someone help me??????????????
I am looking for a remote control Denon model RC 874
Please E mail me an answer at mifadodo@hotmail.com
Thanks for reading me.

My DENON tuner is an AVR1801

icefox23   AudioPhile [Apr 09, 2013]

i bought this Denon avr-1801 from my friend, and its really a kick off, i use it on my BOSE 301 series IV at the A channel & a pair of Acoustic Energy EVO 1 on the B channel..very good outcome, good base, mids & highs...sound quality is so great....i give 5 star for this great stuff.....

valdostagrad   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 01, 2005]
Strength:

Great power to fill up my 24 by 30 sqft home theater room. My teenagers crank up 311 or Zwpplin. Sounds great in all modes.

Remote is terrible.

Have owned many mid priced receivers since the early 1970s. This is probably tied with the Marantz (when they were made by Marantz) as being the best. It does all I want it to. Never given me any problems. My other stereo friends bellieve it has much more power than it does. Extremely satisfied.

Similar Products Used: Marantz, Carver, Yamaha
harry   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 26, 2003]
Strength:

sound managability, ease of use, tuner

remote

ok ive had this amp for over three years and it has done me well but i figure you can get some more modern models now that will compete well. has just enough of everything although bass is a little light on some formats. good dts.

mac   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 31, 2002]
Strength:

Lots of neet buttons and dials(2 rating is cuz a 12yearold would like the fancy lights and buttons....

Lots of neet buttons and dials.. And a truely horrible remote,which is not something I usually take much stock in,but this one is soooo bad......

If you insist on having a Home Theatre set-up,then this reciever is probably just as good as any out there in the same price range.However,if music is more your thing,then don't do it!Untill you get into much bigger bucks,there is nothing in the marketplace that actually sounds good. My advice is simple.Unless you are willing to spend $2000 or more for proper HT amplification,then don't even try.A good amp/reciever,preferably not Asian,will provide most of the boom and bang that you want from HT,but will give you a whole lot better music. As for this HT reciever,well,I have very little good to say about it cuz it just sounds plain ordinary.If yer into lots of bells and whistles,then this unit is for you.If you want to impress your friends with the name/look/display/etc,then this will do the trick. But for sound quality,it's a no-show. I have used some pretty good sorces for it(Rotel RCD 971,Cambridge cd,a couple others borrowed for comparison)Some top-notch speakers,good interconnects,cables etc,and this thing just didn't perform.

Anthony   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 22, 2002]
Strength:

Power, DTS, available connections

None

The 1801 is a big upgrade from my 2 channel Onkyo. For me, the Denon is the complete package for home audio and video. All modes of input sound great from the 20 year old turntable to my DVD player.

Similar Products Used: 33 watt Onkyo
Trent Dailey   Casual Listener [Sep 30, 2002]
Strength:

Quality Listening at high volumes for parties. Also great watching DVD's using Surround Sound. (Depends on Speakers obviously)

Remote could have been a little better designed.

Ever since I purchased this product I have had nothing but good things to say. I have never had any trouble with any of the parts and anything electrical. I rocked it at maximum levels for hours apon hours in my fraternity house and it with held. We normally go through 2 or 3 receivers a year but not the 1801.

montoya559   Audio Enthusiast [May 24, 2002]
Strength:

DTS, 5ch sterio, power, the look

remote... but I use a sony RM-AV2000 remote and that makes up for the it

I have had the Denon now for about 1 yr. Talk about an up-grade. I had been a Kenwood fan for years. Not now... Sounds great with the Celestion speakers I have... and I know if I up-graded the speaker to some real hi end speakers, It would sound even better.

Similar Products Used: Kenwood products
GTMet   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 11, 2002]
Strength:

A good # of S-Video and component video inputs and outputs. 3 digital video inputs. Is very reliable, with fantastic sound and volume at low cost. Ability to control individual speaker volume

Cheap remote, but for 50 bucks I solved the problem with a nice universal remote, still a bargain.

Absolutely love the reciever! I have had no problems in any format. I am currently running in only 2.0 sound with paradigm atoms(my dorm room is tiny). With how much volume and range it produces, I can''t wait to hook up the Velodyne CT-100,Paradigm Titans and Paradigm CC-170 that I have at home

mstam   Casual Listener [Mar 03, 2002]
Strength:

Simple to use, inexpensive for the feature set.

The remote control is a little overloaded. I have all denon components and can run them all from the remote, but it involves a lot of toggle flipping and hunting through the dense field of buttons.

I bought this receiver approximately one year ago as part of a complete system upgrade. I use it primarily for listening to music and to watch the occasional movie. The receiver has work perfectly from day one. No complaints. Speakers are all Mirage OM-10 OMC-3 BPS 150 subwoofer.

Similar Products Used: None, replaces an pioneer system purchased in the early 80s.