Denon AVC-3030 A/V Receivers

AVC-3030

Intergated High Current Dolby-Prologic AV System

sabih10001   AudioPhile [Apr 19, 2014]

I am an audiophile. I have used 17 Dts amplifiers but never heard sound that this amplifier is giving me.
This is the best sounding pro logic amplifier ever made. I have compared it with new HDMI model DTSHD-MA amplifiers..nothing can compare with this amplifier.
REASONS TO BUY THIS AMPLIFIER:
1)Sound quality is superb (much better than any dts amplifier even in 2014).
2)Pro logic surround in this amplifier is 100% same as dts. no need to buy dts after listening to this amplifier.
3)Monster amplifier inside. Unbelievable power reserves. (toroidal transformer)
4) It will convert any 2 channel audio to dts quality 5.1 surround.
If you want better-than-dts sound quality than this amplifier is a must have.

John   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 09, 2009]

Purchased my AVC-3030 over 15 years ago, and I still won't replace it with any of the new digital surround receivers. It may not have 7.1, but it does have a quality Pro-Logic processsor.

I used to sell home theater systems back in the early 90's, and was so impressed with it, I purchased one for myself.

Creates a great sound stage with the right set of speakers, even at low volume levels. We used to push celestion and Kappa's with this one and never failed to produce. Sounds great with a good pair of headphones too - I use Grado Labs.

This thing is built like a tank, I moved several times with it, and never have a problem!

If you ever find one for sale take advantage of it! It's a steal at todays prices. I paid $750 for mine - 1/2 off employee discount at the time.

Audioman00   AudioPhile [Oct 10, 2008]
Strength:

Power
Built like a tank / build quality
parts are still avail
All alluminum face panel
nice remote / great bass response and really smooth class A sound

none

Couldn't agree more with the positive reviews... lots of power and worth every penny..
I just wanted to chime in here for the audio geeks that might buy one of these based on it's high retial ($1350 in 1991) and build quality and or size. This unit actually used 120 watt Sanken large cased tranny's and sports a Torriodal transformer and 2 15,000ufd caps! So, it really does produce 100-110 clean powerful watts~ all day long if needed. Without overheating. The optical class A circuit really cleans up the signal for late at night or just plain low volume levels. Excellent phono stage and headphone stage! Sleek flip down panel, and heavy heavy construction, the lid is like 5lbs by itself and you cannot bend it when it's removed, very strong built unit, and it would cost a guy at least $2k to get a receiver like this in todays market. No tuner, but wth, who uses one of those anymore?

talldude777   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 14, 2006]
Strength:

Major power, looks, great remote, build quality is outstanding.

No tuner.

Wow! This amp may not have all of the digital stuff, but it is a major powerhouse that has top notch build quality. I feel I got a great deal on e-bay. Stereo mode is great, about 110 clean RMS watts per channel, and you can run a sub also, something most 2 channel receivers are lacking. This thing is way old and still jams! Buy one if you are not ready to hit the digital stage yet, or if you want a monster 2 channel stereo and a sub set up. All of the digital movie stuff is cool, but sometimes it is refreshing to hear music loud and clear!

Customer Service

I sent the Denon website an e-mail many days ago, and got no response.

Similar Products Used: Onkyo, Bose, Infinity, Sony, Denon.
Rick Berdeski   AudioPhile [Sep 08, 2003]
Strength:

POWER

not digital

I purchased this unit in Feb of 96. I couldnt have been more pleased with the power and dependability of the amp. I was told from the seller at the store that the unit had 5 seperate amps which impressed me but I believe now only has 3. It is 2003 right now and after working this pig for 8 years I plan to add a digital processor and not purchase a new amp for all the bells and whistles. A true power house that delivers. Running classic polk audio ls70s and the matched speakers for home theatre. Anyone have a owners manual? I need one! Thanks!

Michael Phair   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 01, 2002]
Strength:

Great Power! Versitile, Integrated Amp so no reciever to get in the way!

Loud Crackle while listening in Pro-Logic mode

When I first got the unit I began hearing a nasty crackling noise when listening in the Pro-Logic mode. I first thought it was the movie, but after enough time I learned that it was indeed the Amp. The power output is very good with its Class A amplification. But after Nine years, I am still dealing with the occasional crackle.

Similar Products Used: Carver ALS-111 Ribbon Speakers Marantz 8b Tube Amp Marantz 7 Tub Pre amp JBL Hartfield speakers
Doug Gillis   an Audio Enthusiast [Feb 03, 1999]

The Denon AVC-3030 is simply the best Denon has ever built. I have sold Denon products for over five years and can tell you that this unit has the highest current of any of its current products or those of the last several years. It is a solid work-horse that you can push to the limit. I have tested it on Infinit Kappa 7.1's and it can hold its own. And if you have ever tried to push Kappa's than you know that only the strongest amps can feed its hunger for current. The Denon delivers its promise of raw power. Here are the specs:
110 Watts X3 (front, center) 20 hz-20khz @ .03 THD
35w X2 (rear) 1hz @ .05 THD

It is certified to run 6-16 Ohm loads!!

It has pre-outs on all channels as well as a dedicated sub out. At 33 lbs 2oz
this unit is no Whimp!!

This unit has power that outshines them all!!