Simaudio Aurora
Description: <ul> <li>High-current output signal</li> <li>Fully balanced circuitry up to the output stage</li> <li>An oversized power supply</li> <li>Virtually non-existent inter-modulation distortion</li> <li>A symmetrical circuit design</li> </ul>

Submitted by DrMarkS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
I got this for $1700 from my dealer, it failed 24.5 hours into break-in. I am waiting for it to be returned from repair. The retail is $5300 for the 7 channel version. When I first got the amp, it was ok sounding, so-so imaging and the dynamics were pretty weak. I still sound a tad better than my emotiva XPA-3 and XPA-5.
24-hours into breakin, I got home from work and was just stunned at the differance. Imaging, OMG, my Dali Helicon 300 MKII speakers just disapeared. I was ready to do some serious listening. For 30 minutes this amp converted me from casual listening to playing anything I could get my hands on.......30 minutes... Then the 5th channel dropped to 50% volume and distorted. The amp shut down.
Well all I can tell you is this is one heck of a deal, for the price I paid, I am waiting for my amp to be returned with all the magic smoke and dust back in it.
If you own one of these, make sure you do the following
Channel 3 & 4, front left and right speaker connections
Channel 5 is for the center and the rest for your surrounds.

Product model year:   2008