NHT Three
Description: bookshelf speaker (each) 3/4" aluminum dome tweeter, 2" aluminum dome midrange, and 6-1/2" aluminum woofer,frequency response 45-20,000 Hz

Submitted by docthemoose a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2008

Bottom Line:
Refined, musical, detailed and polite. Clean, clean, clean from top to bottom. No complaints about musicality or accuracy. Because the 3's are acoustic suspension speakers (no bass port/hole), there are limitations: Inefficiency (they won't play very loud, especially in large rooms); the 3's have trouble filling rooms over 500 sq. ft. with sound.

Purchased At:   Listen Up!

Submitted by Pencilsmasher a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2007

Bottom Line:

A friend who is a Home Automation guy told me about these speakers. To be honest, I didn't like the looks of them from their website. So I was pretty surprised when I saw them in person. They are the nicest looking bookshelf speaker I've ever seen. Nothing is close.

Then we plugged them in. Amazing. We listened without a sub, and I had to go put my hand in front of the sub just to make sure. You definitely don't need a sub with these guys.

The mids are probably the greatest strength of these speakers. Everything seems so lovely that you're just dying to hear everything. No harshness, just liquid smooth, effortless sound.

The highs are also good, the imaging is decent (not killer) but overall, they are the best bookshelf speaker I've heard. I bought them on the spot and am very happy I did.

I recommend you go give them a listen. They are a diamond in the rough.

Purchased At:   Main & matrix

Submitted by hk29 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
Initial review: I have had these speakers for about a week. The speakers throw a wide soundstage; speaker disappear. They image the sounds well and are detailed. No major complaints given the price range. They do go down much lower than I expected which mates well with my definitive subwoofer. I'm using a Yamaha receive, sony SACD player, MIT T4 interconnects, and kimber 4tc speaker cables.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes