Axiom Speaker Company Millennia M60 Ti
Description: Dual 6 1/2" aluminum woofer; 5 1/4" midrange; 1" titanium tweeter; Freq. Resp. Hz 32-22K; Anti-Standing-Wave Cabinet; Video Shielded

Submitted by Skyfox a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
i have the ONKYO TX NR 906 i don’t live in the US but in Europe and decided to buy a full set of Axiom speakers based to the good reviews i saw on internet. But unfortunately i found them very dull, weak in treble and having nonexistent midrange! I had to place my older Bose Acoustimass 10 cubes on top of the towers. Bose boosted the midrange at least i can listen to clear and wide midrange, but still can’t hear high notes from the axiom tweeters, since the Bose overwhelmed them.
The center channel VP 150 have no bass weak midrange and treble. Again i replaced them with my older Polk Audio CS2 monitor series center channel which i was using before. Polk has a warmer bass tonality good midrage and high treble tones. Same thing for the sq4 and 8’s. Having said this the M60’s have phenomenal bass reproduction.
The EP 175 sub woofer is so/so kind1 of thing not to my taste either much better the Yamaha YST-SW90 Sub.
In the end I am very disappointed with Axiom.
I complained to Axiom but they were astonished with my feedback and to cut the long story short they did not give me too much attention as if i don’t understand what i was saying.
Please don’t buy these if you intend too. Go for Polk you won’t regret it.

Submitted by Foobarredipv44me a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2009

Bottom Line:
Yes, Axiom speakers are as good as you have read about.

Having been involved in mid-range and high-end audio in one form or another for years I was a little skeptical about buying speakers over the Internet. Axiom's 30 day trail offer combined with the reviews from users and pros convinced me to try them. I'm glad I did. I was building a new home theater and auditioned a lot of different speakers: Paradigm Monitor 9/Monitor 11, Paradigm Studio 60, Monitor Audio Silver RS6/Gold GS60, Klipsch Reference RF-82, and Definitive Technologies BP10/BP7004. I ordered the Axioms to trial them and will be keeping them. They are astonishingly good speakers especially given the price. I would describe them as VERY transparent. They will bring out poor room acoustics and call out poor recordings with little mercy. But, if you have good room characteristics and decent sources they will deliver clean clear musical highs and mids with a fantastic soundstage and great imaging. In terms of overall sound I would class them around the level of the Paradigm Studio 60 or Monitor Audio Silver RS6. This is phenominal given that a pair of M60 v2s will cost you less than half of either of those. The DefTech BP7004 beat all the others in terms of low frequency extension, but they also have built in powered subs. This sounded great with some types of music and for movies but was a bit too exaggerated for other material. Given the choice I personally prefer an external sub(s).

I have my M60s set up with the VP150 CC, QS8 surrounds, and QS4 rears. I opted not to go with an Axiom sub (no particular reason other than I really wanted to try an SVS) and went with an SVS PB12-NSD instead along with a Velodyne MiniVee I already had. I love this setup. Movies are amazing and music is incredible. I've demo'ed this setup to several people and after listening to the setup they find it hard to believe that I paid less than the price of a pair of good retail mid-range floorstanding speakers for the entire 7.1 speaker setup.

I also had a chance to experience Axiom's great customer service. One of the speakers had a slight blemish from an impact during shipping. It was VERY minor but still bothered me given that they were new. I sent Axiom support an e-mail on a Saturday and by Monday they had already issued an RMA, return label, and shipped out a new unit. They were responsive and accomodating. Quality product, excellent customer service, and very reasonable pricing - every company should be this good.

Speakers: Axiom M60 v2, QS8, QS4 VP150
Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD, Velodyne Minivee
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR806
Source: Sony PS3

Submitted by tacoz1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2009

Bottom Line:
Exceptional service, Exceptional speakers. I purchased the M60 along with the vp150 center channel. I was not prepared for the outstanding clarity and dynamics that these speakers exhibit. I have been auditioning speakers from paradigm, monitor audio, klipsch, B&W. for the money none can compare to the M60 in this price range. you will have to spend considerably more money to exceed their capabilities in an average sized room, unless you opt for the M80. A few of my friends are already begging their wives to allow them to purchase a new set of axioms speakers for their home theaters. I took a chance on axiom audios 30 day in home trial, and I will not be sending these speakers back. Exceeded my expectations in every respect, upgraded my speaker cable from a 14 AWG monster xp to Bluejean 10AWG Belden Cable, made a huge difference in low end extension and soundstaging. the better the components connected to these speakers, will result in the listener being rewarded wiith noticeable improvements in depth and details you have never heard before in your music collection. the low end extension on these speakers prompted me to disconnect my sub for listening to music the bass is so clean, deep and tight, truly a remarkably engineered speaker period regardless of price. For those complaining of the Axiom speakers sounding bright, they need to upgrade their source components, system matching is crucial, and cables do indeed make a noticeable difference in what you hear.

Purchased At:   axiom audio

Submitted by f1nels a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2009

Bottom Line:
I've had my Axiom M60v2's for over a month now and must say are very impressed.I find them to be very accurate and revealing speakers.Very clear high's,nice midrange and bass.I was looking to upgrade from the Paradigm Monitor series and was going to switch to the reference series.I listened to Paradigm Studio 60's,Monitor Audio RS6's and some B&W's.They each sounded excellent in their own right.I found the Axiom's to be equally great sounding for a lot less money then the Studio's and B&W's.The RS6's were similar money but their center channel which I also was replacing was not compared also to the Axiom VP150 center.So price played a factor as I felt I was getting equally great sound without retail store prices.One of the first things I played was Dave Matthew'sTim Reynolds at Radio City Music Hall on bluray.Right away I noticed how much better the acoustic guitars sounded.Every strum and pluck of the string was so clear I threw my head back in excitement and then found myself pulling out all kinds of music from Enya to Tool.The M60's did not disappoint.I will end this by saying that obviuosly speaker tastes are different and come down to preference.The M60's are a more forward sounding speaker as opposed to a laid back type of sound in my opinion, but if you are looking for the 'higher end sound' with out breaking the budget I would put these on your list.

Product model year:   2008

Purchased At:   axiomaudio

Submitted by marsilians a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2008

Bottom Line:
Wow - I am sure there have been buyers for the M60 since 2005 but unfortunately no one has written about them until now. My review will hopefully give you a more recent perspective of the speakers.

These are my 2nd pair of floorstanding speakers and I have to say that I am very thrilled about the quality, looks and performance of the speakers. I bought the High Gloss Cherry and am using M2 as the center channel.

My other components in the HT system as Yamaha RX-V657 receiver, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, SVS PB10-NSD sub.

I have to warn buyers that when I initially got it though, it was very flat and see that some of the reviewers have commented at about this stage. However if you burn-in for about 50 - 75 hours then the soundstage opens up very nicely.

The sound clarity is excellent for music such as Classic Rock, Jazz, Classical and also movies. Some exampls are the kick drum beat in Hotel California, David Gilmour guitar playing in comfortably numb song feels like he is right there with you. John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Winton Marsallies jazz compositoins and playing sounds that the stage is in front of you.

Once you get to this quality of listening to music, movies become no brainer. Action packed movies like Bourne Ultimatum, war movies and kids movies sound fantastic for audio as well as upper and low ranges. I notice that mid range is a bit below par than the other 2. However it is not bad to drop this speaker. Only partially behind.

Again this is my personal opionion in my home setup. Also I did AB comparison with Energy RC-30 speakers gotten from my brother and felt that they sounded a bit muddied over the 2 weeks I listened to them on and off. Also, I am sure there are a numebr of different offerings from paradigm, ascend acoustics, AVS 123, Def Tech etc. etc. But here in Canada, its hard to beat the M60s for price/performance.

Purchased At:   axiomaudio.com