Micro Seiki DD-35
Description: Direct Drive turntable (1978)

Submitted by frankmarsi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2005

Bottom Line:
TM55 Tannoy/Micro-Seiki turntable was bought new in 1976-77. At the time there really none out that were better, even the Thorens were only 'just as good', but not better. I've used this since and haven't found one complaint. In fact it's so good I have my AR-LSTs' right next to it and even at high volumes ther is not a trace of 'acoustic-feedback' what so ever.

Purchased At:   ?

Submitted by Joe a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
I owned one of these for about ten years (circa 1979-1987.) It was a beauty with brushed chrome and rosewood trim, and very solid. Unfortunately, I don't think it was all that great sounding compared to some of the better belt-drive tables out there such as even the budget offerings from Sota, Linn, and Rega. The arm was fairly high in mass, and the table developed audible wow over the years, or perhaps my ears grew more sensitive to it. Nor did it have a great suspension. Nevertheless, I always felt that the table was slightly better than the arm.
I always felt that my friend's Linn deck had much better resolution, especially in the bass, and more neutral in the mid-highs. I would compare the DD-35 to some of the better Technics tables in sound quality, and to Luxman tables in appearance, but in a class of its own mechanically. Overall, it was a three and a half star table that was built to last many lifetimes.

Submitted by Gerrard vdBergh a

Date Reviewed: April 27, 1999

Bottom Line:
I agree, These Micros are good solid tables,No faults, no repairs, good tone-arm with online tracking force adjustment(!),
Nice to look at, so i will keep this foor many years to go !!
No maintenance needed because of the DirectDrive motor.

Submitted by Alex a

Date Reviewed: April 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have this turntable for almost 20 years now.Beside the good-looks (rose-wood) and the special arm (online force adjustment)
is this device sounding very good.
This turntable should get a place in the Museum of Modern Arts ..
I know there are better sounding turntables , but this table is 96% perfect