Hitachi 43FDX01B Standard Televisions

3.86/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $2199.95

· Exclusive UltraFocus 5 Element Lens System · SRS Surround Sound · 24 Watt Speaker System · Dual Tuner Picture-in-Picture with MultiViewer 3 · Plug & Play

Submitted by Luke a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
Good price. Nice picture quality. Dont watch this set in the dark!

Price Paid:    $1999.00

Purchased At:   Future Shop

Submitted by JEREMY a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is the best tv i could find for the money. The picture is great. I bough t a Sony Progressive scan dvd player na d while movies were playing, the screen would go black sometimes. I called hitachi and the say they are aware of the problem and want to send out a service tech. I dont know if the newer tv's have this prolem as well. Overall this tv is bad ass and im very happy with it.

Purchased At:   Curcuit City

Submitted by Charles Hughes a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
this is a review of what i have into the tv so far:

1.digital reciever= $1000.00
2.Speaker package(Harmon Kardon Also= $500.00
3.HDTV set top box(to recieve hdtv with)= Free,
given by friend
4.Panasonic DvD Player

All Products= "awesome Television"

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Don a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
Overall the TV is ok, I use a high end digital surround system (Yamaha amp (6.1) sony high end DVD and Klipsh speakers surround) I would not suggesat using the TV's speakers for anything. I have had the TV for about 1 week, and if I could do it over I would not have bought this model. It looked ok on the sales floor under bright light, no way to tell it would be to bright for low light. The TV also was out of convergence on the sales floor, I questioned the sales man who said, "yeah I would suggest getting the $200 service agreement with this TV as it goes out of convergence easily", I know that should have been my clue about this set.
I want to take it back but do not want to pay the 15% restocking fee so I may be stuck with this.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by william garner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
I think Hitachi got it right with this TV, everything you need and no extras that you wouldn't be using in a home theatre set-up. This is the TV of choice if you are looking for a great image and dont want to spend 4000 and up for a TV.
Forget about the on-board audio and hook up to your stereo to a DVD and Satellite (or digital cable) receiver. You wouldn't be looking at a great TV if your watching broadcast TV anyway. Your VCR will need to be SVHS or you will be shocked at how poor tape looks on this.:+) Use a Hard-drive recorder for taping your shows, problem solved. Another note about this TV, an friend manages a local store that specializes in designing high-end entertainment rooms and installing them. He tells me that the Hitachi TV ultravision line is his favorite for value, outperforming TVs that cost twice the price. I agree as I was considering a much more expensive TV (2800.00)and ran across this bargain in circuit city (open box for 1600.00, down from 2099.00)

My set-up:
High-end Video switching receiver (1000.00)
High Def Satellite receiver (600.00)
Hard drive video recorder (299.00)
DVD Player (299.00)
SVHS VCR (350.00)
surround speakers with powered SUB (600.00)

so, for under five grand, I put together a killer entertainment system, my freinds crowd over for the championship games, and a movie with my wife or a few couples after a dinner party are pretty impressive. Better than going to the movies.

Purchased At:   circuit city