Advent Q2735A Standard Televisions

• MTS Stereo
  • 2D Digital Comb Filter
  • PAL Playback through AV IN
  • Energy Star Compliant
  • Picture presets (4 modes)
  • Tri-lingual OSD

Submitted by S. C. Graves a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
27" DVD/TV combo. Bought it for rec room based on price and picture. Looked a lot like the Toshiba. Ran fine for almost 13 months. Only real problem was cumbersome remote. Found out right away there was no aftermarket remote capability. That got me concerned. Then out of nowhere, the TV would not power on. It would click like it was trying to. Checking the warranty, I found I had bought it about 55 weeks prior. Repair cost $125, but so far so good. We will sell it at our garage sale. I've seen several other reports on line that sound strangely familiar to my experience. One said that he was told an EPROM went bad and had to be replaced. Could the EPROM have a 13 month clock in it with an instruction to wipe at the expiration? I don't know. But I don't see how this can be a coincidence. By the way, I never got a remote that would work it using a code. I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER ADVENT PRODUCT.

Submitted by Thom a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
Advent Q2735A, picture looked good , sound was poor and set did last for 14 months after that Picture died one day and cost to repair is not worth it, knowing that something else will fail as other people have written about. Garbage TV will never buy an Advent product again.
Wish I could buy another Zenith which I have had for 10 years with the best sound and picture ever.

Purchased At:   The Good Guys

Submitted by DDman a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
Nice crisp picture but slightly misaligned which was a minor annoyance. Also slightly out of focus in one corner. This set performed well for 20 months and then the vertical circuitry went out. Still awaiting an estimate on repairs but I can't give this TV good marks due to it's short life. If you buy it be sure to get the extended warranty.

Submitted by lauragrace a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
Was pleased with picture and sound quality when viewing satellite, dvd, vhs. Problems arose just 15 months after purchase (shortly after warranty expired, of course). After paying repairman $100 to fix, had to return to shop for broken high voltage transformer (another $200!).

Submitted by Mark Crue a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2004

Bottom Line:
I stood in the store and looked visually at about 5 sets side by side. The salespeople were pushing toshiba and panasonic for the best tv. I adjusted the other sets to see if I could get a similar picture and couldn't do it. It isn't that I couldn't come close in color and the usual stuff you play with. With everything matched with other sets there was just more colour textures to be seen and more colour variations picked up then with the other sets

BLG CP024: