Runco International VX-101 Front Projectors

3.5/5 (6 Reviews)

Reflection VX-101 Digital Light Processing Projector - 800 ANSI Lumens of Light Output - Two Aspect Ratios: 4:3 and Anamorphic - Composite, S-video, RGB Video Inputs - 36in. to 300 in. Diagonal Picture Size

Submitted by Eddie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have had this projector for little under a month and it works fine for me but I just found out that I need the orignal cable that goes with it. Its the Evc to bnc and rj11 cable, does any body have one. Email me at ejjackson930@yahoo.com

Submitted by wristr16 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
At the time, The vx-101 was awesome. I unfortunately experienced many problems with this unit. It and the processor have been replaced over 10 times, yes, wow! I was one of the 1st to receive the vx-101 and saw many of the gliches. The place I purchased the product through was incredible. Service could not been better! Where do I stand now, 02/04, well the vx-101 is being replaced with the CL-510 which I know nothing about so wish me luck.

Purchased At:   Pa.

Submitted by Sam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have enjoyed the vx 101HD very much, I think it has a fantastic picture in HDTV and the dvd picture is good as well. The fan noise is not a problem, I have it mounted 8 feet ahead of my couch on a 9 foot cieling. I view a 120in firehawk screen from around 22 feet away.

Submitted by Brian Sullivan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent picture sharpness. Brightness mediocre, but probably appropriate for ratings. First unit was defective and required replacement. I purchased after reading early reviews, and now suspect I may have been just as happy with other DLP projectors at half the price.

Submitted by chris lewczyk a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased the Vx-101c as part of a whole system and had it set up with the $2500 Anamorphic lens option, which is supposed (among other things) to give a grighter picture (20%)and the HDTV plus option $1800 which is supposed to (among other things) feed through and scale etc, 1080i 720p etc to the projector instead of just using the "pass though" option. I am told that this projector will display TRUE HDTV, true or not (Runco themselves says yes, with the option) the HDTV on dish network (at 110" 16x9) is very clear and well defined, colors are well balanced, there is a SLIGHT keystone error with my projector, but not very bad at all, DVD'S look fantastic too. Dare I say that even videotape, doesen't look that bad either, I mean it's not great, but I think that the VHD controler does a good job of making a composite image look good on big screen. Would I buy the same one again? Maybe not. Do I think it's worth the price? Maybe not. Does it do what I wanted it to do? YES. Just make sure you don't let the fan noise issue go, If they won't help out call Runco.

Purchased At:   audio video synergy, phillipsburg, nj

SFLAT: