Panasonic PT-AX200U Front Projectors

Submitted by phoenix-7-1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2008

Bottom Line:
Excellent projector for the money. Features 2000 lumens of light output and a 6000:1 contrast ratio. Both of these features are very competitive for a $3000 PJ, let alone a PJ costing $1300!!

I have about 500 hours on it now and I have no complaints at all. This PJ has exceeded my expectations in every way.

I chose this particular PJ for 3 reasons:

1) I have medium levels of ambient light in my living room, so I needed a PJ with relatively high light output;

2) I was installing it into a 1st floor living room with a vaulted ceiling, so I needed a PJ with lots of flexibility in terms of possible installations. This model is VERY easy to install and can be positioned easily to get a great picture. 2:1 zoom lense helps expand the area that you can install this;

3) The price was definitely right!! I now have a 106" high def television that cost me about $1300. That's less than I could go to a big box store and pick up a 61" DLP or plasma.

Even my wife and 9 year old son tell me that they can never go back to a regular television now, and who would want to. If you are looking for a PJ in the lower end of the price spectrum, I would really take a look at this one.

Purchased At:   Online Dealer