Panasonic PT-AE900U Front Projectors

• Resolution: WXGA-H (1280 x 720)
  • Brightness: 1100 ANSI lumens
  • Contrast Ratio: 5500:1
  • Uniformity: 85%
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:9; 4:3
  • Display: Type LCD; 0.7" transparent LCD panel x 3

Submitted by Bob Lundrigan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
After much research, I decided to purchase this projector on strength of both specifications and reviews. I was not disappointed. I'm using a 100 inch painted-on screen in a room measuring 14X14. I have dark blue suede-painted walls and the room is completely light-controlled. I adjusted the projector settings using Avia. The projector has no discernable screendoor effect. That is, the effect is not visible unless you get closer than about 5 feet from the screen. This machine projects a perfectly clear and natural picture. In fact, don't stand and watch the dogfight at the beginning of Star Wars Episode 3...it is so clear and smooth with this projector that dizziness will occur! Contrary to some opinions, I believe the picture provided by LCD technologies exceeds any other. This projector is no exception, and its as quiet as they get too. Panasonic doesn't skimp on the remote either, which is as fully functional and high quality as I've seen. The only negative is the lack of remote focus control, which I, for one, can live with. At this price, the Panasonic AE900U is a no brainer.

Purchased At:   B&H Photo Video

Submitted by YESGUY97 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
I was skeptical at first about the quality of a projector, but when I saw this unit I was blown away. The picture quality, colour and full HD resolution is unbelievable.
I would recommend spending a bit extra to purchase a high quality home theatre screen instead of a cheap model. This will give the maximum viewing experience.

Purchased At:   G&G Electronics