Mitsubishi HC3000U Multimedia Projector Front Projectors

Introducing a line of digital projectors designed for the cinematic connoisseur: the Mitsubishi HC3000U DLP™ projector with BrilliantColor™ technology from Texas Instruments.

Submitted by Shawnmiataj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
I researched projectors for a while before I made a decision to puchase this one. I looked at projectors with similar performance, but they were out of my price range. So, when I looked at the HC300U, I knew that it was the projector for me. After it was installed and powered on for a while, I was really please to see how accurate the colors looked right out of the box without calibration (only standard Def material). I was also pleased to see that the image was not too far off from ATSC 6500k temperature scale. The colors came alive on my 100" screen when I connected the projector up to my Dish Network VIP622 HD DVR box. Since I am waiting on the format war between HD-DVD and Blu-Ray to pan out, I upgraded my dvd player to one that upconverts standard dvd(s) to almost 1080i quality. The picture quality was excellent when displaying Superman Returns via the HDMI output. Until 1080p projectors come down a lot more in price, the HC3000U is a cheaper alternative with great performance.

Purchased At:   Ebay