Infocus ScreenPlay 4805 Front Projectors

• Resolution: WVGA (854 x 480)
  • Display Type: DLP
  • Brightness: 750 lumens
  • Weight: 7.8 lbs
  • Contrast: 2000:1

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought this projector Jan 2005 from Costco. It came with a free 90 inch screen but we don't use the screen. We installed the system is a room (25 x 13) in our basement dedicated to home theatre. The picture is quit acceptable just on a white painted drywall wall. To reduce reflection, the side walls are a dark blue with med. gray carpet. Thougth about painting the ceiling but its textured so the reflection from the front wall isn't disturbing. We are typically showing DVD's on a space about 9 feet by 5 feet (approx 140 inches daigonal). Compare this to a 60 inch LCD or plasma and it is no contest to visual impact...

I'm embarrassed to invite my neighbor over to watch it as he spent over $20000 on his theater and I spent less than $3000 and mine is more stunning..

No problems to date. For the price, you can't beat the value. I'm using it in a area that bis pretty isolated from other light sources so I can't comment on issues related to external light.

Using a Samsung DVD HD- up conversion player and an Onyko Home theater system

Purchased At:   Costco

Submitted by proels a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
This projector is usually described as budget or entry level because of it's price. Don't be fooled by the numbers. This unit's 750 lumens and 480p resolution look very good. Buying a projector with 720p will cost much more, but might not look much better.

Purchased At:   home theater store