Faroudja LS700 Front Projectors

Portable LCD Projector - Patented Faroudja Image Processing for Color Decoding, Deinterlacing and Detail Enhancement - HDTV 1080i Compatible - 4:3 or 16:9 Anamorphic Aspect Ratio - True XGA Resolution (1024 x 768) - Zoom Lens - Whisper-Quiet Operation

Submitted by Dan Gold a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
The picture quality of this unit is amazing. Best I've seen in the LCD line. I found the "default" settings to be a tad blue, but simple adjustments fix that. Makes a picture so good you'll think it's film showing on the screen.
That lamp takes a while to shut off. Default is 15 minutes, but you can get it down to one. Fan has to be shut off by the switch on the projector.
Nice menu based control system. Recommended!

Purchased At:   National Projector

Submitted by Paul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
The video on this unit is simply incredible. When I first connected it to my Toshiba 3109 DVD (watching The Matrix) I thought it was a little green, but a simple menu adjustment to the color temperature fixed that right up. The fan is fairly quiet, so with this projector ceiling mounted above the sofa in the theater it's inconspicuous. I swear, you'd almost think you were watching film up there. First rate.

The menus are very friendly, and the lighted remote is easy to understand. Standby doesn't shut off the lamp immediately (presumably because the lamp takes a minute to come back up), but you can adjust the time delay before it does go out. Now if they'd only made the fan shut off after a few minutes in standby, we'd be all set.

I've never seen better video, and I've seen a lot. In fact, before now I'd never have really called myself a videophile, but now I could get into it. The picture is that good.

Submitted by Eric a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
This projector is great. Reproduces images like no other LCD in its class. It is like looking at a picture. If you play a DVD that was a good transfer, You will know what I mean. I wish the unit had component inputs and also a way to be able to power it on and off with a universal remote.

High End: