Sansui HDPDP5000 50 in. Plasma TV Flat Panel Televisions

If you're looking for superior picture quality in your home theater system then check out the HDPDP5000 50" Plasma Monitor from Sansui. This plasma display features enhanced image clarity with pixel plus technology, and the latest in PDP science, all in one package. This fabulous Monitor comes in a sleek and minimal design that will compliment any home interior and has options that decorators will love. You can mount your unit for the ultimate home theater experience or use the included table top unit to keep that cozy living room feeling.

Submitted by Straybeat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2009

Bottom Line:
We have owned the Sansui HD-PDP5000 for a little over 2-1/2 years now and it's one of the best purchases I have ever made. We bought this set when Panasonics and Pioneers were still $4000 to 5000. The price we paid was cheaper than today's prices because the store thought it was a loser that they just wanted to get rid of. First off, we got it without a remote, the store lost it, so I called Orion and they just asked me to fax the receipt for proof and they sent me a remote for free. Next, the picture was a little funny looking up close. It looked like a matrix of 3/8 inch watery circles (mind you, it looked fine 10 feet away). Orion had a repairman there the next Monday, but I didn't like his diagnosis, told me a couple of boards were bad (this was back when sets would disappear at the repair shop never to be seen again), so I sent him on his way. I called an ISF calibrator instead and had the set done by him (For those not familiar, an ISF calibration makes the picture as perfect as the set is capable of). This got rid of the watery circle look and made the picture normal. While I am by no means a videophile, I would now put this set up against any Panasonic or Pioneer and dare a normal viewer to pick which set is best! The picture is as crisp and clear as a plasma is supposed to be and HD-DVD's and Blu-ray's are phenominal on it.

Sennheiser: