AKAI LCT2060 20 in. EDTV-Ready LCD Television Flat Panel Televisions

Submitted by Steve Aulick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2007

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Akai LCT42Z6T, a 42" LCD TV. I have owned it for 2 months and today my 2 year old grandson hit it with a 6" plastic hammer and broke the screen. You cannot tell where he hit it by feel but it took out the picture and left a discoloration where he hit. I am writing this review to warn those of you who have small kids about the house and are thinking of buying one of these LCD or Plasma TVs. They are not kid friendly and this screen is not repairable or replaceable according to Akai support !!! I now have a $1600 piece of junk where my YV was. I talked to the manager at the Sam's club where I bought the TV and he was nice but told me that if Akai will not honor the warrentee and claims no replacement screen is available I'm just out of luck. Please take this information into account when buying a HD TV. The Plasma TV and the LCD TV screena are not repairable and Akai has no replacement screens available for their TVs. I don't know about the other brands and don't plan to find out. I'll go kicking and screaming into the HD age. Be warned, Steve Aulick.

Purchased At:   Sam's club