Sony KP-57XBR10W Rear Projection

3.82/5 (33 Reviews) MSRP : $4999.00

57-inch 16:9 Big Screen Projection Television Hi-Scan 1080iTM

Submitted by Rob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
So far the best TV I have ever seen. Still very impressed with the picture, especially with my Sony progressive scan DVD player. Cable is soon offering HDTV and I can't wait to see 1080i resolution(DVD does 480p). It has surprised everyone who has seen it. From the picture clarity to the ability to watch from several (some extreme) angles. The powered rear channel speakers were a nice setup. No amp needed just provide two speakers for the rear channel and you get a pretty good surround sound. However, there is nothing like a full blown surrond sound system. I am REALLY enjoying this, just hope it lasts, in fact hope it never breaks!

Purchased At:   Tweeder

Submitted by DMG a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have to tell you that this is the best set I ever owned. I purposely waited until the end of the model year to get this one at a great price. In addition, maybe the "bugs" or complaints were with the first few sets that came out and have now been ironed out. I now have cable with HD and the picture is superb. My sony progressive scan DVD make the movies look almost film like! After being dissapointed with a mitsubishi (all of the other sets in my house), I switched BACK to Sony.

Purchased At:   PC RICHARD

Submitted by FLORIDAGUY a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
Some of the comments about a soft picture and constant need of adjustments sound like other issues, such as expecting more that the tv can deliver. I purchased this tv as a floor mdl then proceeded to file for a 500 rebate from Sony making this a sweeeeet $2100 set. I saw this as a great price for a HD ready chasis tv. Bottomline straight from the show room floor to my home I have had no problems for the past 6 months. I am hooked into DTV, have a progressive scan DVD and the picture quality is great. Anyone that can lay there hands on a HD tv reciever should try it once just to experience a 1080I picture. Overall I am very happy with the tv, I will have to upgrade my reciever is a few years to get a AV reciever that has multiple component in so I can run a progressive DVD picture or a HD DTV picture to the tv. other than than no problems here.

Purchased At:   Sound Advice

Submitted by neil tevez a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
this TV is awesome. I read a few review that complained that the colors seemed to need a lot of adjustment. I haven't had any problems as of yet and get a lot of compliments from all my friends when they come over to watch sports events. I'm not a huge TV person but this TV definitely makes me watch more.

Purchased At:   pc richard clearance

Submitted by chip a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
i bought this tv 13mths ago and was very impressed. however i just upgraded from 5yr old sony dvd to the 9000es dvd.the picture in progressive mode is more grainy and pixelized than old dvd.i have read nothing but excellent reviews on this new 9000es,but i am getting a vcr type picture.needless to say i am thinking the problem lies with this tv.i have always been a fan and owner of sony products,but with these problems on more expensive equipment my loyalty is leaving. i have read on these reviews that some people are experiencing an excellent picture with this exact same setup[kp57xbr10w-dvp9000es].please tell me the exact setup configuration you used,i am using monster power conditioner,monster reference component cables.also have tried every setting on dvd player and i havent been able to get a great picture.alot of these reviews claim 480p could be the problem.by the way i called sony tech support and they told me this tv does not support progressive dvd.i called dealer they said it does.who to believe?anyway if anyone has a solution please let me know.i read the reviews often.

Purchased At:   tweeter