Mitsubishi WS-65905 Rear Projection

3.75/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $6999.00

Diagonal Size: 65 in Max. Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (Widescreen) Features: On Screen Menu, Multi-Language Menu, Sleep Timer, Closed Caption, Parental Lock Comb Filter: 3-Line Digital Input: Front S-Video, HD Component Video Output: A/V (Composite) Picture in Picture: Dual Tuner PIP Broadcast Standards: NTSC (analog), ATSC (Digital - SDTV, HDTV) Remote Control: Multibrand Remote

Submitted by mat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is the best tv Ive ever owned!!! Bar none!!!

Submitted by Mitch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am suprised to hear the negative reviews on this unit. This unit has functioned for me very well on venues I would assume it's purpose; DVDs and HD. For people viewing analog signals in 4 by 3 format, use a direct view....do not use any brand rear projection.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by joe bag o donuts a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
OK, I had three of these tv;s and they all had problems. First the RED PUSH is ridiculous. Too much to comment on, i can't believe how many idiots gave this set a good review. I have seen no less than ten or twelve of these models up and working in showrooms, my house and friend's houses, they all do it!

The scan converter is crap, and anyone who thinks it is good is stupid. My new hitachi uses a 540line progrssive upconverter and is way better than that 480P mode on the mitsu. The sony is better too.

The viewing angle is terrible, only 110 degrees. My new hitachi has 160 degree viewing angle and looks good from all over thr room. Big improvment.

The mitsu uses 5 element lenses, (15) where as my new hitachi uses 6 element lenses (18) and the results are obvious.

THe focusing system was terrible on the mistu too. It was a low tech, 64 point non digital system. The repair guy told me that is was useless when he came to fix my first two sets. 64 points is a joke compared to my new hitachi that uses 256 points and no less than 8 sensors to get a perfect focus everytime. The mistsu was alwasy out of focus and three sets and two repair guys after weeks of frustration still could not fix this.

I bought this set because the salesman told me it was the best, i believed him, he was good. I later learned that sales people get extra's for selling Mitsubishi's over others and thats why the push them. After making my mistake and all then net surfing i did having no tv i learned about other sets and auditioned the Hitachi. It is the best Tv i have ever seen!!!

If you like only 64 focus points instead of 256, lots of red push, terrible reliability, a lame 110 degree viewing angle instead of a nice 160, and an inferioir 480P line doubler stop reading this and go get a mitsubishi!

If not, check out hitachi.com and compare them spec for spec against mistsu's site. You'll make the right decsion if you see them back to back. I alwasy loved mistsu untill now, i even like them after the second one broke. Three times in three months and a better cheaper competitor;s prod8uct changed me though......

Purchased At:   who?

Submitted by Mark Coleman a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I feel this TV is a must to review. If you don't have the room for such a big unit, the Ws-55907 has the same features as the 65" and the 70"(9 inch guns) units. I have not seen any thing close the compares to these sets and Mitsubishi has pulled out all the stops.The new Tru-Focus lenses the give the film-like image is enough to make you go look. If you feel this is still out of your price range they have 6 different series of sets(some 14 to 18 models) to consider.

Purchased At:   PC RICHARDS