Mitsubishi VS-50705 Rear Projection

4.81/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $2700.00

50" Gold Series Analog Rear Projection TV - 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter - Component Video Input - Two-Tuner PIP - Illuminated Remote - Split Screen and Channel Preview (Also comes in 55", 60", and 70")

Submitted by macfleetwwod a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2011

Bottom Line:
Model VS 50705..Bought Hi Fi Buys May of 2000..This is my 2nd rear projection..1st one lasted 15 years and the guns went out..This has been an excellent unit as well..Replaced a small diode about 1 year ago by outside vendor, cost about $75 in-home service..I have it up for sale if anyone is interested..send me an email..I'm going for the 65" flat screen..kf4zzy@yahoo.com

Submitted by Tommy Pruitt a

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
Very good picture. Bought TV to replace Philip Magnov Projection TV and was total blown away by the picture. I have the V60707 and I love it. The only picture I saw that was better was on the Digital sets. Love the PIP option.

Submitted by Draymond Crawford II a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I used this site to give me some heads up advice on the diffrent products out there, so I felt I needed to return the favor.

I just brought this TV in November, but just had it delivered this month. Other than the size of the TV 55" wide screen it has made my home theater system complete.
For those of you wondering why I have put this review in this area, there is no posting spot for the newer models of this line. Mine is the Mitsubishi WS-55805 the 2001 model Platium series. HDTV ready (if I go back and get the HD reciver for another 1k), but I am happy with the setup I have for now (until HDTV is more avilabile) My DVD looks great with the component hook up and I brought the 576 VCR with the S-video out connnection, so my VHS tapes like great also.

My last TV was a 27" RCA color trak 2000 and it served me well for the last 12 years. It was one of first TV's with S-video inputs, but it was time to upgrade to a set that will take me into the HDTV world and this set is the best choice that I have read about or seen.

Purchased At:   Mr TV & Video

Submitted by c n a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
This unit has the best picture. When I walked into the show room, they have pioneer, sony and hitachi side by side. But I "blind fold" myself not to look at the name brand and concentrate on the picture. I looked at the picture, the color, the pictures edges, mitsubishi has the BEST picture. Not only that, in that price range, only Mitsubishi has the BEST digital comb filter(3D Y/C Combfilter) which can mostly be found on HDTV. I glad I made the purchase and its the best rptv.

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
This product kick butt. Highly recommended.

Price Paid:    $1945.00