Marantz PV-5571 Rear Projection

55-Inch Rear-Projection Television Component video inputs - Digital comb filter with digital Y/C processing

Submitted by Mike D a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have owned this Marantz for one year now. I am still amazed at the quality of the picture. All the other brands I've seen don't come close. I use mine with a DVD, S-VHS, Sat, and "off air" TV channels. The multiple inputs allow for a wealth of different setups making system and channel surfing a breeze.
When I first got the TV I had to have the power cord replaced due to a defect and recently I had to have a service call due to a loose wire in the set. These incidents while annoying don't detract from the quality of the set. I would highly recommend this set to anyone that is interested in a big screen. The only disparaging remark I'd like to make is that Marantz needs to spend more effort on customer service. I found their authorized service companies lacking in product knowledge and needing help from the factory too much.

If I could I would give them 4.5 stars, deducting only for the minor problems and somewhat weak customer service. I must admit though that none of their competitors have any better customer service so I think it's a reflection on the industry in whole rather than just Marantz.

Purchased At:   Audio FX Sacramento, CA

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
This set has to be the best RPTV (non HD) out there. The picture quality is better than the 60" model and is just spectacular. I did a lot of homework before purchasing this set. I've always been a Sony person when it came to television, but the Marantz is simply awesome. For $2300 it blows away the plasma sets and with a DVD it is as good as most HD ready sets. (My 1st choice would be the Pioneer Elite HDTV but I don't have $7000 to spend at the moment, when HD broadcast is readily available I'll move to HD) If you want a great Home Theater on a reasonable budget. This is the place to start.

My HT system:

Marantz PV5571 RPTV
Marantz DV4000 DVD player
Marantz SR7000 Receiver
DefTech BP10's (Mains)
DefTech CLR1000 (Center)
DefTech UIW-BP's (Surround)
DefTech PF15TL (Sub)

This entire system is still only 2 weeks old So I haven't had a chance to evaluate and review the other components

Yet.