Hitachi 61SBX59B Rear Projection

60 inch Rear Projection Television - UltraBlack Screen with Surface Diffuser and 1000 Lines Resolution - Digital 3D Y/C Comb Filter - 60 Watts Audio Power - Dolby Pro Logic Surround Sound w/ 2 Built-in Center Speakers - Dual Tuner Picture-in-Picture w/Dual View Split Screen - 2 Rear Audio/Video Inputs - 2 Rear S-Video Inputs - Dual RF Inputs - Component Video Inputs - Front Panel A/V/S Inputs - Surround Speaker Terminals

Submitted by mabbv V a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
It's the best... I feel sorry for any one that is trying to find one. I hear Hitachi is no longer making the 61SBX59B. But if you want anything that comes close get a Hitachi 57UWX10B HDTV. The picture looks good with digital cable and the DVD play is great. But try running satellite on the Hitachi 61SBX59B you will never leave home. I am very happy with my Hitachi 61SBX59B and if it was available I would take it over any HDTV.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by Sergio Perez-More a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
The best TV in the market at the time of purchase for under $3000.00
Rich colors, Great black levels and Perfect picture with DVDs ann Sat.

I will wait 2 more years and then I will go for another Hitachi but this time will be HDTV and Widescreen.

Great Picture!

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Greg Bledsoe a

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
First..this a model 61sbx01b( no one has apparently reviewed this one).I LOVE IT.......PERIOD..I looked for 3 months..online and at Mega stores...but ended up buying it at SEARS..It was on sale and extra 10% off($2250).total.Picture is gorgeous(clear)..and that 60 watt sound is great.Definition using dvd's & composite video input has to be seen to be believed.You will not be disappointed if you decide to purchase this set.

Submitted by Brian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
You can't go wrong. This RPTV is absolutely outstanding. I actually sit about 10 feet exactly from the tv. I know that's not ideal, but, it still looks great. I'm planning on moving next year. I can't wait to see it from 15 to 20 feet. If your shopping around you won't find anything better for the price.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by Lance a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought it open box at circuit city for $2000. How can you beat that? Plus $300 for 4 years warranty. I decided to buy it after extensive research on the internet, comparing at the store, asking salepeople's opinion and of course, reading this post. Bright pictures.. 60 watts speakers.. great for watching DVD, football, and other sporting events and it's Hitachi quality. I'm very happy with my purchase. As for HDTV... who needs it now??? Not worth the price as of now.

Price Paid:    $2000.00